Quantcast

My new used bike

Cwilly006

Monkey
Jul 13, 2004
So I just bought this bike(havent actuallyy gotten it yet) It is said to be made with lighter tubing. It was set up for a 156 pound person and I am 180. What will I have to do to make this thing set up for me. The Romic has a Titanium 450LB spring. I am tinking of just selling that and then just buying a steel spring but Im not sure what weight spring to get and how much to sell it for. Well any help would be great
Chase

Attachments

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
i would evaluate what type of oil weight/volume and springs are in the front shox but ride the thing first no ones gonna know how to set it up exactally to your liking so figure it out for yourself or some back with some feed back like too much sag, not enough fork rebound ext things like that

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Cwilly006 said:
So I just bought this bike(havent actuallyy gotten it yet) It is said to be made with lighter tubing. It was set up for a 156 pound person and I am 180. What will I have to do to make this thing set up for me. The Romic has a Titanium 450LB spring. I am tinking of just selling that and then just buying a steel spring but Im not sure what weight spring to get and how much to sell it for. Well any help would be great
Chase

Is that Chelsea's old bike? Your best bet on the shock is to just Email Romic and ask.

RideMTN

Chimp
Mar 10, 2002
New Milford, CT
A 450# spring should be fine for you. It is rated for up to 180lbs. Try playing with compression, and give a few turns on the srping to give it more preload(This is for sag ajustment).

Cwilly006

Monkey
Jul 13, 2004
Zutroy said:
Is that Chelsea's old bike? Your best bet on the shock is to just Email Romic and ask.
Yea that is Chelseas old bike. Is it in good condition. I really dont care about weight so I might just want to sell the spring and get a steel one but Im not sure yet
Chase