Quantcast

My new vivid air

mexicandh

Chimp
Aug 10, 2011
hello

i dont know if this is common, but yesterday i was so stoked with my new vivid air, i inflate it to 150 PSI, mount it on my intense m9 and from the 5 mins that took me from pumping the air and installing the vivid air, when i sit on the seat what the heck it bottoms out, i was like what the .... then i try to inflate it again and when im reaching 100 psi it goes to 50 psi what the heck, i was inspecting for leaks, and found out that the can is fissured, looks to me that the silver round thing on the left of the fissure what over torqued by rockshox and made a little thin fissure where the air leaks.
now i don't got a shock to use on my new frame.

i hope you can see it, is on the right of the silver thing on the middle of the photo, it start's right on the end of the silver round thing and its about 1 cm long.

CLICK THE IMAGE TO ZOOM IT SO YOU CAN SEE THE FISSURE BETTER.:thumb:

it should be in warranty right?

should i send it directly to rockshox, by the local seller here in mexico of rockshox, or by jensonusa?
thanks

Last edited:

dhbrigade

Chimp
Feb 21, 2006
Get some pressure in it and put in a bucket of water. You should notice where the air leakes. Then decide if you need to send it back or not.

mexicandh

Chimp
Aug 10, 2011
Get some pressure in it and put in a bucket of water. You should notice where the air leakes. Then decide if you need to send it back or not.
i already did, it does leaks alot throught there

are you sure its not the solo-air valve equalizing?
im sure, there's a crack, even if it was that too, it also has a crack, so i will send it just because it leaks air throught the crack.

his shock is cracked people
exactly

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
i bought it from jensonusa, should i send it directly to rockshox, by the local seller here in mexico of rockshox, or by jensonusa.
jenson should just send you a new one because what they sent you was defective on arrival. jenson will send it back to rs and you won't have to deal w warranty issues.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Clearly works with its cracked casing.I was riding with my buddy in the local trails and he lost all his compression period in his argyle air ( the top one )

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
VA on my TR450. Landed a jump cacked, slammed the top of the rear tire on a tree thus RIPPING the VA apart. SRAM not only waranteed no questions asked, they shipped it to a shop in the town I was visiting 4 days after I broke it. It beat me there. Been flogging it for every cent I have in it ever since.
I officially owe IT money.

Not enough can be said about an infinitely adjustable and progressive rear suspension. Plus it saved me a pound so I could enjoy a few more donuts last season. Heh!

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Was considering buying a vivid air, just for the fun of it to try it out. any reviews on them
dont.

being QC at rockshox as it is, there is more than a slight chance you will get a deffective unit, which could shorten your riding time.

buy something else, or take a chance on many headaches.

mexicandh

Chimp
Aug 10, 2011
i really like mine but i know im just gonna get flamed to death for it.
im sure the vivid air is a good shock, ive heard lot's of good things about it, i bought it because of that, the only problem is that i got it cracked from factory, which sucks, by the way i sent the vivid air to jensonusa today, its arriving on friday to them, i hope i get my vivid air for next week.:D

cant wait to try my m9 with vivid air:eek::D

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Question about the Vivid Air: What's the outer diameter of the air can?

I'm trying to measure if one will fit in the frame I'll be building soon, and haven't been able to find this info. (and everybody in the industry is MIA right now due to yur-o-bike, etc)

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Frame of our own design, at Guerrilla Gravity. I'm finishing off the frame design, and want to make sure the Vivid Air fits.