Quantcast

My new wheel

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
is waiting to be choosen. i need opinions on a new rim. right now, i have an s-type. its about to be trued, but has quite a few flats spots. and no one likes a black rim with scratches. that being said, i'm looking at 26's. so far this is what i've seen and heard good things about.
mtx29
pimplite
ex5.1d

the 5.1 is the lightest, but i dont care about lightest. truly, i want the best combo, even if it ends up being the heaviest rim.
i'm 200lbs. park, street and dj. and a trail ride or 2, and an fr trail.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Humm they used to be just the MTX I have I set I use for dh that have been treating me very well not sure what the width is. I would go with the wider version for a stronger wheel. I had the dt swiss 6.1d and they sucked dinged very easily didn't even hold up to half a season of dh and fr.

Last edited:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
actually I missed the part about street... if you ride real street, go for something heavier like the MTX and forget the 721, 5.1 or rhynolite xl.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Even park I would go with something heavier like the MTX. You want something that will hold up to side loads and the possibilitly of casing wether it be on dirt or park or street no offense especially being a heavier rider.