Quantcast

My new whip

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Hahaha, it took me a second to realize that was your actual bike vs. a stock giant photo. I was thinking that was one of the nicest stock builds I had seen in a while.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
That'll be horrible for UC... ;)
dooood you were totally right, me and Paul just rode UC and it was plain terrible. ha-ha! nah, the bike is sick, it totally rails. I just need to get used to Mallets and it will be all good. I'm clipping out by accident compared to SPD's I'm used to.

I was at your new pad last night but I split before you got home. Let's ride fooooo!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Hahaha, it took me a second to realize that was your actual bike vs. a stock giant photo. I was thinking that was one of the nicest stock builds I had seen in a while.
yeah man, it's nice having a photo studio and in-house photog! I figured I might as well capture the moment since the bike will NEVER look that cherry again!

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
dooood you were totally right, me and Paul just rode UC and it was plain terrible. ha-ha! nah, the bike is sick, it totally rails. I just need to get used to Mallets and it will be all good. I'm clipping out by accident compared to SPD's I'm used to.

I was at your new pad last night but I split before you got home. Let's ride fooooo!
Ride 4 sheez, me n paully tomorrow afternoon (tues), join us!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
How are the Havoc's? Been thinking of getting a pair for a while.
they are way sick. Super strong considering how light they are. We just released a bolt-on axle kit for the rear and a freehub with more engagement points as well.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Looks great, thought it was the stock image as well. I have the same bike with a Marz 55/RP23 and tubeless weighing in around 31 lbs. So sick to have a 7 inch travel bike at that weight. Enjoy!!!!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Looks great, thought it was the stock image as well. I have the same bike with a Marz 55/RP23 and tubeless weighing in around 31 lbs. So sick to have a 7 inch travel bike at that weight. Enjoy!!!!
Mine is a hair under 32 lbs. so far, so stoked! :cheers:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I'll be curious to hear your impressions of it compared to the Enduro.
so far it climbs as well and descends better than the Enduro. I can already tell that much. I think it will corner better but I haven't got comfortable enough yet to say for sure. I am really liking the bike so far though, nothing to complain about yet....

BlackAthlete

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
they are way sick. Super strong considering how light they are. We just released a bolt-on axle kit for the rear and a freehub with more engagement points as well.
Got a link to these parts? I'd be interested in both of those things. I have a set of Havocs on my AM bike.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
sweet new whip kinda similar to how i have my enduro set up am sure its a sweet ride

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Got a link to these parts? I'd be interested in both of those things. I have a set of Havocs on my AM bike.
Negative ghost rider. I'm not positive but I believe both pieces are in the proto stage at this point. I will work on getting some pictures of the axle kit though, maybe this afternoon....

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
nice ride Sean!

I'm building up an Intense 6.6 pimpship at the moment.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
nice ride Sean!

I'm building up an Intense 6.6 pimpship at the moment.
dayum buddy, that sounds sweet! I thought about an SS but decided on the Giant because A) it was way less duckets, and B) I'm waiting to see what the new Nomad is all about as well as a few other '09 bikes. This bike is potentially of a hold-over until the fall when everyone brings their new hype to the table. Although I'm really enjoying it so maybe it will stay in the stable. Post up when you build that sumbeyotch!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Damn nice ride man. Great photo of it too!

How do you guys feel about early AM rides? I think Monday's and Wednesday's me and a couple friends are going to try and do a short all mountain ride at 7am. I haven't ridden with Paul in a long time. You guys in?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Damn nice ride man. Great photo of it too!

How do you guys feel about early AM rides? I think Monday's and Wednesday's me and a couple friends are going to try and do a short all mountain ride at 7am. I haven't ridden with Paul in a long time. You guys in?
I don't normally ride in the AM because I can ride at lunch or after work but I could see hitting it up from time to time, especially in the winter when riding after work means headlights. Right now I'm liking the new bike so much I would pretty much ride anytime I have available. ha-ha...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Hey Sean

How do you find the shorter stroke shock on the giant compared to the SX? Do you notice it much?
So far I find it irrelevant. In fact if anything I find the suspension function much better than the old bike. The Reign so far climbs as well as or better, based on the time it takes me to complete rides I'm familiar with and the pace I keep compared to my friends I'm used to riding with. But on the descents the new bike is incredible. Right off the bat I can descend faster and much more confidently. The geometry is great and the Maestro system really stays active and neutral, or at least it sure feels that way. This bike has made me so pumped to ride. I just love the way it handles in general, both up and down the mountain.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
^ No idea about cost or exact availability, but the latest it will come out is Interbike and it will be available through any shop that carries Easton. I will do my best to get some better info on this soon...