Quantcast

My new xc wheels with the PINK CK HUBS are ready!!!!! check it yo!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Now if Mavic made pink Deemax that would be sweet. I'm surprised one of the pink freeride dudes hasn't had that custom done yet...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
KleinMp99 said:
The hubs are sweet but with black spokes and black rims? Looks like crap. Got to have atleast silver spokes and probably should have custom spray painted the rim pink or something. The hubs are special, they need to be laced onto something special :nope:

Or maybe thats only if your a girl. Maybe they arent manish? :think:

Oh yeah...:rolleyes: That wheelset looks REAL crappy...I really should have brian tear em apart and paint the rims pink...they'll look just DANDY all chipped after a few rides...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dh girlie said:
Oh yeah...:rolleyes: That wheelset looks REAL crappy...I really should have brian tear em apart and paint the rims pink...they'll look just DANDY all chipped after a few rides...
More work:( I did look for pink alloy nipples, but couldn't find any.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
punkassean said:
^ I think you are in the minority on that one...

Black spokes R0XoR teh 0wnage maximus!!!
I'm with punkass...true ballah's role black spokes. My entire wheelset is black! Spokes, hubs, nipples, and rims. Nice hubs dh girlie!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Maybe you could leave some red ones in the sun for a few weeks like my Michelin HotS's...

Oh wait it's been raining non-stop forever :dead:

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
Haha I am not saying that an all black combo dosen't look good. Black hub/spoked/rims is my favorite. Its just that if you have a bling bling pink hub, it should be mated a little better with its counterparts. Silver spokes would sort of match the king letters, and maybe a pink colored rim (I said spray paint but obviously it would be better powder coated) would make the wheelset super kickass!!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
silver spokes = ghey OEM poo

ZERO exceptions (Well maybe painted bladed aluminum spokes on CrossMax SL's or Ksyrium SSl's...)

Pink powdercoat = over the top, to much of a conversation piece, you wouldn't be able to make it 10' down the trail w/o having to stop and explain them to some douche master.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
silvers spokes can look good. depends on the rest of the build. i use 2 silver spokes around the valve stem whenever i build a wheel. 2 silver spokes, the rest are black with silver nipples. that's my signature.

i don't much care for silver hubs, though. or silver rims.

pink and all the rest black looks good.