Quantcast

My (Not Burley's) Worst night ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunkfool

Chimp
Apr 17, 2007
I post on this forum occasionally under a different name. Didn't really feel like revealing it though.

So, I've been seeing this girl for a while, 10 months or so. We haven't been able to see each other much for the past few months and it's been pretty frustrating.

I caught up with her at a pub last Friday. Things started well, we danced and talked for a bit. I don't remember anything after this point, everything I know came from other people.

Then I started groping her and wouldn't stop. I did and said some really horrible things. Dunno what they were. Apparently I had to be pulled off her, I shoved her friend and caused a scene. God knows what else I did.

I'm scared that I am capable of this, I've never done anything remotely like it before. I can't help but wonder what may have happened if I hadn't been pulled away from her.

I'm not sure what I really expect to get out of posting here but I felt like talking. I don't know what to do. I'm scared of myself, and scared of drinking now. I want help, I think, but don't know where to start.

drunkfool

Chimp
Apr 17, 2007
****, I wish I'd thought of that earlier. I guess it's too late to find out now.

I think it's pretty unlikely... from what I've been told I wasn't drinking at that pub. I was drinking earlier in the night at a different pub. And, I remember getting in the cab and going home.

Cheers

DF

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
****, I wish I'd thought of that earlier. I guess it's too late to find out now.

I think it's pretty unlikely... from what I've been told I wasn't drinking at that pub. I was drinking earlier in the night at a different pub. And, I remember getting in the cab and going home.

Cheers

DF
So, black out moment? Scary stuff dude. I know I've done some stupid things while drunk, but never to that level.

I think your first call of duty is to get in touch with the girl in question and 1) apologize. By the sounds of it you are lucky she didn't press any charges, so tread carefully.

From there I'd try to find a friend to do a walk through of the evening with. See if there is any chance that you had been drugged. I was roofied accidentally one night in Australia when I was given a drink from a friend who was feeling dizzy ( she was suffering from the effects of the drug as it were), so it does happen to guys and who knows what may have made its way into your system.

That said you are still responsible for your actions and I'd definitely be seeking some answers, if not serious help (all depends on your history of drinking and how you usually imbibe).

Scary stuff, but it sounds like it could have been much worse, get some answers and get some help.

The Ito

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Just quit getting blasted. That's what I did. Groping some chick isnt so bad if it's the worst thing you ever do. Apologize of course and consider the relationship over.
Take some time and go ride.

drunkfool

Chimp
Apr 17, 2007
So, black out moment? Scary stuff dude. I know I've done some stupid things while drunk, but never to that level.

I think your first call of duty is to get in touch with the girl in question and 1) apologize. By the sounds of it you are lucky she didn't press any charges, so tread carefully.

From there I'd try to find a friend to do a walk through of the evening with. See if there is any chance that you had been drugged. I was roofied accidentally one night in Australia when I was given a drink from a friend who was feeling dizzy ( she was suffering from the effects of the drug as it were), so it does happen to guys and who knows what may have made its way into your system.

That said you are still responsible for your actions and I'd definitely be seeking some answers, if not serious help (all depends on your history of drinking and how you usually imbibe).

Scary stuff, but it sounds like it could have been much worse, get some answers and get some help.

The Ito
Cheers dude.

I've got in touch with the girl and apologised.

The only thing is, it's her that's told me what happened. The only other people present were her friends, I don't really know them or how to contact them. So, it's just her word. I can't imagine she'd have any reason to make it up though.

It's quite obviously over for us, she never wants to talk to me again. Which really sucks. She's great.

I'm not really a big drinker generally. I drink frequently, i.e four nights a week, but usually only one or two (literally, 1 or 2 - I know a lot of people who say this but they're not telling the whole truth). Big nights out (more than say 6 drinks) are a rarity for me, and have never, ever, ended like this. Although I have had a few blackouts before.

If my drink was spiked, surely the effects would have lasted longer than an hour or so? I do remember quite clearly catching the cab, hunting for the right change etc, getting home etc.

drunkfool

Chimp
Apr 17, 2007
Just quit getting blasted. That's what I did. Groping some chick isnt so bad if it's the worst thing you ever do. Apologize of course and consider the relationship over.
Take some time and go ride.
I didn't think I was blasted at the time. That's what's scary. I think I would have spent about $70 on booze that night - not outrageous really. (Aussie dollars mind you)

What was the aftermath of your 'Worst night ever' like?

Status
Not open for further replies.