Quantcast

My office parking garage will have a heliocentric microcosm, how about yours?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Don't mean to brag, but I like to boast. Check out this email that I just got about my superduper new parking garage feature. If you are nice to me, I'll let you point your telescope at it.

The Century Park West Garage WILL BE CLOSED SUNDAY, DECEMBER 13th at 11:00 p. m. and reopen Monday, December 14, 2009 at 5:00 a.m. in the morning.

The MGM is in the process of installing a solar system on the roof level of the Century Park West Garage. The interconnection of the system will take place on Sunday, December 13, 2009 at 11:00 p.m. – Monday, December 14, 2009 at 5:00 a.m. All electrical power must be shut down. Some limited emergency lighting will be available during this time but the elevators will not operate therefore the garage will be closed for safety reasons.
WTF? emergency lighting? How much crap will be orbiting that we will have that much shadow to contend with?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I figured his new audio system will in fact be the center of this new universe.

*edit. I'm a little jealous that you got to use the words "heliocentric microcosm" in a thread title. Most cerebral thread title ever. :thumb:

Last edited:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
and the point of having this inside a parking garage is....??

seems like a waste of time/money/resources. why don't they just build a new "plan-e-arium" for the city?

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Solar system parking garage!

The new Ramen place in Century City mall however, is lacking.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Don't mean to brag, but I like to boast. Check out this email that I just got about my superduper new parking garage feature. If you are nice to me, I'll let you point your telescope at it.

WTF? emergency lighting? How much crap will be orbiting that we will have that much shadow to contend with?
I think they're saying all power will be cutoff except for that on some emergency light, most likely from a generator, when the main power is shut off.

It's helpful so you can see when it's dark, say during, oh I don't know.........night?;)

On a somewhat related note, my company does PV system installs. Go us.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Solar system parking garage!

The new Ramen place in Century City mall however, is lacking.
I'm not a ramen guy, so I won't likely check that out anyway, but are you saying that place is awful, or just over-rated? It seems like everything they put in that spot of the food court dies, even though it has great exposure to foot traffic.

Regardless, I'm investing in any optics company with sunglasses line, as well as Coppertone... I once invested in Cooper-tone by mistake and my return on investment was nightmarishly bad.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I think they're saying all power will be cutoff except for that on some emergency light, most likely from a generator, when the main power is shut off.

It's helpful so you can see when it's dark, say during, oh I don't know.........night?;)

On a somewhat related note, my company does PV system installs. Go us.

or, just in time for the holiday season (or those with alergies)

Link to pixor with bad words in it

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

didn't your stereo/gps/whosawahtsit get stolen while you were at work?

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
I would like to install a solar tracking PV installation in my yard. Haven't researched it much, though.

Zomeworks
is a nice tracker product, I like it b/c it uses no electricity. If you need more info (and good experience) talk to Richard Gottlieb (up your way) at Sunnyside Solar (Guilford VT). He's a really good resource, (I took an installer course a couple years ago from him).

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I once had multiple heliocentric microcosms. It's all about Kegel exercises.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Hey, the boss rides too. Cool.

I've been learning a lot about PV lately, trying to find a way to integrate it as a power source for some machines we build. I want to move into renewable energy, its fascinating.
Yea, our CEO does Ironman triathlons at the age of 70. Pretty insane. Also, a group of 5-10 guys ride some nearby mtb trails everyday during lunch. Really cool place to work if you ride bikes.:thumb:

Renewable energy is a cool field for sure, especially these days.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
wtf, did Crabzilla just turn my silly thread into something informative and useful?
knock that crap off. if i wanted information, i'd read something printed on paper, ya knuckle head.