Quantcast

My other hobby

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Its a blast. Its the only thing that gives me MORE of an adrenalin rush than riding my bike. Ive gotten sick a few times after races just from nerves. We run a 4 link with King coils and King bumpstops in the rear and King 3-way Bypass shocks with Bilstein bumpstops in the front with extended radius arms.

Our bronco isnt much to look at, but with 400hp and more than 42" of articulation it does really well. Right now I am sitting in 1st in the Montana Budweiser Points Race and we have one race to go.

padrik5

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
Silverdale, Wa
that orange 73 is to sweet

i have a 82 toyota but it's a crawler
5.5 springs with only 3 out of seven leafs left in the pack
so it sits about at 2.5 inches of lift

35" mtrs detriot locker up front spooled rear cromo shafts front and rear flat bed roll cage

it's fun but stupid expensive

if i want to ride i through the bike in the back or on the rack and go ride maybe 20 bucks in gas

if i want to play with the toyota i have to load it up on the trailer fill up full of diesel who knows how maney times until you get there

pay for camping and park fees food beer
bring extra parts

then come home with a broken rig and a couple grand less in the bank

i think im going to sell the truck ridings much cheaper lol

padrik5

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
Silverdale, Wa
wow people still drive these

i remeber when they came out a couple years ago at a rock comp

and the guys that were selling it embaressed themselves because it couldnt follow a jeep over some rocks

but it would be fun to terrorise the nieghbors with it lol

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
There were two guys with them at the Mud Bog. $30,000 Mini Monster Trucks. They took the bodies off them. They did pretty well with the Honda motors.

You are right. I have soooo much money in both broncos and still put money in them daily. Biking is much cheaper. I can go to Whistler for a week for the price of a couple shocks!!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
There is no way any of the Subarus in your pics could even make it through a course let alone race it. There are trucks in our club with 35" tires and King coilover suspension that cant finish. You need ground clearance and a killer suspension. By the time a Subaru was ready for our race course, it wouldnt be a Subaru anymore. Our bronco has around 400 hp and over 40" of articulation. It would be pretty hard to get that much articulation out of a Subaru.

Here is a little video. Its not too clear since photobucket makes you downsize.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
There is no way any of the Subarus in your pics could even make it through a course let alone race it. There are trucks in our club with 35" tires and King coilover suspension that cant finish. You need ground clearance and a killer suspension. By the time a Subaru was ready for our race course, it wouldnt be a Subaru anymore.
maybe not...but i just came across this gem

http://www.funonwheels.net/hirisesubaru/pages/generalgallery.htm

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Im not saying it absolutely couldnt be done. It is possible but it would not be a subaru anymore. I highly doubt the IFS would handle it. Some solid axle trucks break axle housings in 1/2.

Not enough ground clearance with those little cute tires either. Here is a pic of some of the trucks.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
yeah i was bored at work today and so i started reading the 4x4 magazines...i don't know much about it, but i'd like to get into it someday

plus those subies would probably be good for trail stuff rather than racing or crawling

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
The trail was a lot worse than it looks in the video. The hill climb was straight up the last 4-5 feet. The downhill before the 2nd mud hole was nothing but huge boulders. Its sooooo fun.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

....also, I just watched that video again and that thing sounds freakin' ferocious. What is the build on the engine?

One of our sponsors built the motor for cost. It has lots of goodies but I dont have the build list and Im not a motor guy. Its suppose to have almost 400hp. It was never dynoed though.

Another stretch pic

Look at all the tires