Quantcast

My P2 was stolen last night...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
who the hell is dumb enough to steal a bike with "POLICE" written on it? they won't be able to pawn it and if they ride it anywhere in the peidmont area there's a good chance someone who knows me will notice it.

it's my fault so i'm not uber pissed because i forgot to bring it in last night after cleaning out the garage.
i have a suspicion that one of my hated neighbors' friends took it as they were eyeing it pretty closely when i was riding around the culdesac before going to work yesterday.

it's pretty distinctive....1st gen P2, red FSA PIG headset, mag 30 rear wheel, dual 8" rotors w/ avids, drop off IV 20mm fork with "Re:cycles" stickers on the lowers and a long schwinn seat. but mostly, the vinyl "police" stickers and marine corp headbadge sticker will give it away ;)

btw, if any of you locals do run across it and you give the guy a beatdown, i'll make sure that everything is "taken care of" legally ;)

oh well, if it doesn't turn up i'll just snag one of these for pretty cheap.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
They got Old Faithful???

#$%^&*ing pieces of %^&. Hope you get 'er back.
no kidding..amazing that she lasted this long. i was heading out to pick up it's first BB replacement when i noticed it was missing. that's not too bad for a bottom bracket; and it still had the original cranks as well :thumb: . i bought it from you in what...'02? on the bright side, i was ready for a new HT but i sure wish i could've passed it on to some grom for cheap instead of some punk-ass taking it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did you call the cops?

Sorry couldn't help myself. Sucks it got swiped I hope you find the ass and I hope he resists arrest if ya know what I'm sayin'.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Probably has already had the cop stickers peeled and repainted with rattle can and without disassembly,
probably purple now with gold spokes and so forth, good luck finding it!
Well at least you have the law on your side in looking for it.
or Will they give you hell about it? Anyway hope you find it bro!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
nah, they won't give me hell about it, was a personal bike that i used at work before they bought us some decent ones to ride. cool thing is that, because of a letter i have from my coommand authorizing me to use my P2 for work, i get to write off all expenses related to the upkeep/replacement of that bike :D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Bro, ya know I luv ya but..................

BBBWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, that was for you and your perp...actually more for your perp.............

My guess was this individual was a Massanutten.....But hey that's just me.....;)

Sorry to hear it dude....

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
cool, and if it's been painted to disguise it....just smell the seat, you'll know it's mine ;)
That's just a bit more information than I know was not legally necessary to divulge in the efforts to recover the aforementioned and pictured two wheel humanly propelled vehicle.

:p

TMI!

:D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
nah, no luck...as if i was expecting any.

looks like i'll pick up that haro singlespeed this week. it's burly but fairly inexpensive and it'll fulfill my skatepark/street/dj/ds needs

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002

testing her out. she handles a little smoother than the p2 did and the singlespeed deal is so quiet! i'm not used to hearing just the tires on the dirt. me likey :thumb:

mike hooked it up for sure :cheers: