Quantcast

My sea otter photos...

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
I finally finished editing all my photos from sea otter and heres my favorites.

I've reached my bandwidth limit for the month. Please check the sea otter gallery on www.norcalphoto.com for more photos.

Chris

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
nice shots, chris. you should submit some of them to the mags.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I think my favorite is the one of lopes. It just has a lot of character and definitely lives up to the phrase "A picture is worth a thousand words" Awesome work! I am nervous what photos you have of me when I was telling stories to Myklak at the MTNX :)

Attachments

slang

Monkey
Apr 20, 2005
Hey, great shots. You nailed the composition on quite a few of them well (esp. the one of lopes) and they're all quite technically perfect.

Only thing is maybe you should've focused on the element of competition in them a little more, like you did with the one of lopes. Most of your shots tend to focus on the one specific rider, the kind of thing that end up on posters, but they can be shot anywhere if you think about it. Whereas at an event like Sea Otter it's not as common to have all the best riders in the world side by side racing.

Also, maybe you could pop an 18 lens on and shoot wide a little more, instead of zooming in all the time.

Yeti DHer

Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Motionboy2 said:
I think my favorite is the one of lopes. It just has a lot of character and definitely lives up to the phrase "A picture is worth a thousand words" Awesome work! I am nervous what photos you have of me when I was telling stories to Myklak at the MTNX :)

Oh man, I look horrible... :think: Thanks josh!

ouch, I got caught...

Yeti DHer

Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
slang said:
Hey, great shots. You nailed the composition on quite a few of them well (esp. the one of lopes) and they're all quite technically perfect.

Only thing is maybe you should've focused on the element of competition in them a little more, like you did with the one of lopes. Most of your shots tend to focus on the one specific rider, the kind of thing that end up on posters, but they can be shot anywhere if you think about it. Whereas at an event like Sea Otter it's not as common to have all the best riders in the world side by side racing.

Also, maybe you could pop an 18 lens on and shoot wide a little more, instead of zooming in all the time.
Thanks for the feedback. I basically shot the whole event with a 80-200 2.8 and my fisheye. On the first day I broke my flash and my favorite 28-85 lens so I had to borrow a lens for the pit photos. Thanks for the tips...

Chris

slang

Monkey
Apr 20, 2005
Sorry about hearing you break your fav. lens and flash.

I was in pain when I broke my 18-70 f3.5. Those wide-med.telephoto lenses are easy to get attached to :think:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Nice work Chris...motionboy, where is the one of lopes you mentioned above?
Because there are none on this page of BL???
Hope you dont think the redbull sellout helmet person is lopes???

Oct 27, 2003
Madcity Wisconsin
Yeti DHer said:
I finally finished editing all my photos from sea otter and heres my favorites.

Let me know what you think... Thanks.

Chris

The palms helmet is so tight, anyone know who makes it. I have seen the giro bad lietanant snow helmet and many moto helmets like that, but never one with bike straps. I want one :devil:

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
stiksandstones said:
That's odd, he was there a minute ago...

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
wisc fr-rider said:
The palms helmet is so tight, anyone know who makes it. I have seen the giro bad lietanant snow helmet and many moto helmets like that, but never one with bike straps. I want one :devil:
that is a giro bad leiutenant helmet. it's made for snowboarding i guess but he just took the ear covers off. they snap onto the straps. they've also got replaceable ear covers with built in headphones.

wow.

Yeti DHer

Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
stiksandstones said:
Thanks stik... I took the one of BL down because it's better than I thought... It's going to be sent in with the others.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge

I only met Joe earlier this year and I was impressed with how smooth and fast he was. Even for being off the bike and out of racing for awhile, he's still really fast.

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
those are nice pictures man! Do you by chance have any in your large file of Graves or Duncan? I need some pics for a project cough cough Dynasty Clothing cough...and any pics of those 2 would be sick!

take it easy

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Chris...dunno if you got my PM, but I sent the lopes one off to the proper people and lets see if you can get some benjamins...just sucks the Bike Industry will try and offer "a deal on some parts for that pic???"
Regardless, its a very nice shot.
emaill me stiksandstonesATgmail.com