Quantcast

my sexy iron horse

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
Now that marzocchi is done watching my suspension gather dust and cobwebs on their shelf, my baby is ready to ride again. The rocco with the proper dw link compression tuning is titties, especially compared to the 5th element 3-way i had before.

(shameless plug to www.dropnzone.com for hooking a brother up with parts and suspension)

dh_newbie

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
Hong Kong
Wow...How's the shox between the DHX & Roco in the DW suspension? How's setting difference.

I have ordered a roco for my Sunday and I would like try to see did the Roco or DHX matching with the 888...

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
NICE! loved the ROCO on the 7POINT, and thought that the stock setting was pretty close (just a little slow on the rebound, but I like mine racer-boi fast). on the sunday, however, it felt slow and had to get it retuned by Marz. now feels buttery. :)

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
I'm usually not one to nit-pick others' rides, but clean up that tube on the chainstay before it loosens up and you hook your crank or pedal.

The bike looks great besides what *looks like* a potentially dangerous situation on that chainstay.

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
the sketchy chainstay guard does look super ghetto, but it isn't coming loose anytime soon.

As for the sexy factor, i'll take a beater toyota over a blinged out and lifted F-250 or Denali any day of the week. It's just the way we roll up here in the mud and rain.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
the sketchy chainstay guard does look super ghetto, but it isn't coming loose anytime soon.

As for the sexy factor, i'll take a beater toyota over a blinged out and lifted F-250 or Denali any day of the week. It's just the way we roll up here in the mud and rain.
Jimmy Cliff couldn't come out harder than that. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
NICE! loved the ROCO on the 7POINT, and thought that the stock setting was pretty close (just a little slow on the rebound, but I like mine racer-boi fast). on the sunday, however, it felt slow and had to get it retuned by Marz. now feels buttery. :)

You must be on better terms with Marz than us mere mortals. The word I got today is that they don't offer a special Sunday tune for Rocos... Now I'm wishing I hadn't sold the dhx already...

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
You must be on better terms with Marz than us mere mortals. The word I got today is that they don't offer a special Sunday tune for Rocos... Now I'm wishing I hadn't sold the dhx already...
They may not do a "special sunday tune" but they will reduce your compression dampening, which is what a special sunday tune would be.

I thought that the stock rocco on my seven point was way too overdamped (just like dw says), but i like my as soft as possible. for big hit riding i could see it working, but with all the roots and slow speed riding that i encounter, i had to get it tuned. now it is amazing.

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
call the tech dept. at 1.661.257.6630 ext. 3, and tell them that you have a rocco that you would like to send in for tuning, and that you would like to have the compression reduced. they'll give you an RA #, you send it in, they sit on it for a month and then tune it, call you for money, and send it back.