Quantcast

My Shopping Trolley…

Regan

Chimp
Oct 19, 2004
This is my Yeti DJ…

BIG thanks to Marek at Two Wheel Industries in Newcastle, Australia, for getting me the frame, building me the SWEEET ASS wheels and helping me out with a few parts. :)

It’s pretty much finished, apart from maybe an e.thirteen guide and some of those pimp, gold, ti bolts. :)

It’s a WEAPON!

Specs as follow:

Frame: Yeti DJ, small/short
Fork: 05 Manitou Nixon Platinum 20mm
Rims: Mavic EX823 32h
Hubs: Hadley, 10mm bolt up rear (108 point engagement), 20mm front
Spokes: DT Alpine III,
Nipples: DT aluminum
Head Set:Chris King NoThreadSet
Brakes: 05 Hope Mono M4’s w/ Manitou post mount calipers (YEEHAA…NO shims to mess with) and new two piece 180mm &160mm rotors, gold reservoir caps and lever blades. Goodridge hoses on the way…
Bars: Answer ProTaper OS
Stem: Thomson X4, 50mm
Grips: ODI Lock-On
Seat: SDG Satellite
Seat Post: Thomson Elite
Cranks/BB: Shimano XT Hollow Tech II
Chain guide: Da Bomb
Pedals: Tioga MX Pro
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
Cluster: Shimano XT, 11-32
Shifter: Shimano XT
Chain: Shimano XTR/Dura-ace
Cables: Shimano XTR
Tires: Maxxis Bling Bling, 2.35, single ply, running tubeless

What ya reckon…

skajumper

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
jesus christ that looks sweet....im guessing the forks wont hold up long though...why did you get nixon? seems kinda wierd for a dj bike.... i would have thought a sherman, vanilla, pike or something like that would have been better for this kind of bike... but yeah, i hope the forks hold up, other than that, its awesome

Regan

Chimp
Oct 19, 2004
Nixon Hold up...What the? They have the same crown/innerlegs as the Sherman and the same lowers as the Stance but are air sprung and weigh 1.9kg! I can’t see any problem with them holding up to DJ’s.

Yeah, the chain guide is a little out of place, I know, but it's silent, keeps the chain on and works awesome! I will eventually get an e-thirteen for it though.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Regan said:
Nixon Hold up...What the? They have the same crown/innerlegs as the Sherman and the same lowers as the Stance but are air sprung and weigh 1.9kg! I can’t see any problem with them holding up to DJ’s.

Yeah, the chain guide is a little out of place, I know, but it's silent, keeps the chain on and works awesome! I will eventually get an e-thirteen for it though.
actually, the crown is hollow, and the stanchions have a thiner wall then the sherman

update us in a few months if its still holding up... I'm curious to see how it works out for you