Quantcast

My snowshoe cherry is about to be popped!

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
You guys are definitely in for a good time. It's unfortunatel that the Western Territory lift won't be running though (at least I don't think so).

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
I expect a full report w/pics and look for Sam Hill. I heard he's there testing a Demo.:imstupid:

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
WHAT! They did not have that wallride there when we went earlier this year. Damn them!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
wallride is part of the redbull course. trevyn said it'll be open this weekend.

i'm still working on the full write up and sorting through pics.

sat evening, pre-dinner relax session

also, there was a 6 yr old up there named phillip who was rocking missing link and powerline on a FS 20" scott. his dad had it modded out similar to how i have noah's hardtail with the converted full size fork and big tires. i was worried that getting to missing link and powerline would be too steep for noah but if this 6 yr old can hang...i know noah can.
i just checked and this one will be available in december. it only comes as a complete but i think it's still worth it as noah's at least 2 years away from fitting on a 24".

Last edited:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
1) Cant wait to see the pictures, I am still pissed I missed Snowshoe and Windrock this past weekend

also, there was a 6 yr old up there named phillip who was rocking missing link and powerline on a FS 20" scott. his dad had it modded out similar to how i have noah's hardtail with the converted full size fork and big tires. i was worried that getting to missing link and powerline would be too steep for noah but if this 6 yr old can hang...i know noah can.
i just checked and this one will be available in december. it only comes as a complete but i think it's still worth it as noah's at least 2 years away from fitting on a 24".

I am not sure why this just popped into my head, and I am sure there are some issues around "pimping out" your boy and all. However with as good as Noah is, as many times folks especially in the SE have seen his picture, have you ever considered contacting a bicycle manufacturer direct and asking them to build you something specific?

I know Specialized makes an "epic" style dual suspension bike for kids.

Just wondering.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
1) Cant wait to see the pictures, I am still pissed I missed Snowshoe and Windrock this past weekend

I am not sure why this just popped into my head, and I am sure there are some issues around "pimping out" your boy and all. However with as good as Noah is, as many times folks especially in the SE have seen his picture, have you ever considered contacting a bicycle manufacturer direct and asking them to build you something specific?

I know Specialized makes an "epic" style dual suspension bike for kids.

Just wondering.
the thought has crossed my mind but i really wouldn't know where to start. someone mentioned FTW a while back and that he made his son a sick 20" DH bike but the cost of fabrication alone would be prohibitive for me.
mike cobler showed the jamis reps noah's episode 4 video and they were pretty stoked and mentioned a burly 24" kids ride but i haven't seen anything yet.

i really have no idea who to contact about something like that. i mean, there are a few local builders but, as far as business goes, who would want to waste the time/materials for a single application?
who are the local builders these days? i know endless is out....what else is there? maybe a morewood 20 DH would be sweet ;) ;)

another thing is that he's 8 now and, while he fits a 20 for now, it won't be long until he outgrows it for a 24. i'd hate to put all that work into a fab 20" only to have him ditch it for a 24 after next season.

good food for thought though rob, thanks.

also, i'm trying to find the eye-to-eye on that scott, that thing would be sweet with a little air shock or a CCDB :rofl:

steve off of upper tombstone

*i plan on doing the full ride report tonight after the kids are in bed. i'll post the link to the ride reports thread when it's complete.

Last edited:

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
It was good riding the 'shoe with you Brandon. Hearing you giggle like a girl riding down Lower Hareball was a hoot!

You couldn't have picked a better weekend to ride there. It was perfect!

the diner

Monkey
Jun 19, 2006
Davidson, NC
the thought has crossed my mind but i really wouldn't know where to start. someone mentioned FTW a while back and that he made his son a sick 20" DH bike but the cost of fabrication alone would be prohibitive for me.
mike cobler showed the jamis reps noah's episode 4 video and they were pretty stoked and mentioned a burly 24" kids ride but i haven't seen anything yet.

i really have no idea who to contact about something like that. i mean, there are a few local builders but, as far as business goes, who would want to waste the time/materials for a single application?
who are the local builders these days? i know endless is out....what else is there? maybe a morewood 20 DH would be sweet

another thing is that he's 8 now and, while he fits a 20 for now, it won't be long until he outgrows it for a 24. i'd hate to put all that work into a fab 20" only to have him ditch it for a 24 after next season.

good food for thought though rob, thanks.

also, i'm trying to find the eye-to-eye on that scott, that thing would be sweet with a little air shock or a CCDB

steve off of upper tombstone
u could also try and get ahold of one of them tiny little bighit spec groms
(we got some kid tryin to sell one here in town)
with a small seatpost and a like 4inch travel fork it might be a good fit

also the snowshoe pics are makin me extremely jealous

-Andrew Mills

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
u could also try and get ahold of one of them tiny little bighit spec groms
(we got some kid tryin to sell one here in town)
with a small seatpost and a like 4inch travel fork it might be a good fit

also the snowshoe pics are makin me extremely jealous

-Andrew Mills
yeah, he tried to ride a big hit grom and a stinky 2-4 but he's still about a foot short of being able to ride one.
i checked on the scott FS frame and they won't be available until december and they only come as completes for $400. i have heard of groms that ran 20's on a stinky 24 though....that might be worth checking into.