Quantcast

My Sons First Mt bike race.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Nice, pics.

What gets me though is that it looks like one kid has a fox fork and the other a Rock Shox sid. What, isn't that a little bit of an unfair advantage when the rest of the kids had bikes that were fully rigid?

Congrats to your kid on making the podium.:thumb:

splat

Nam I am
you have to understand , lsat night around 3 AM there was a Massive thunder stom up there , and dumep about 2 inches of rain, and it was about 50 degres , foggy and every thing was wet. and it qas quickly turning into a Mud Bog.

Here I aqm at the ned of Lap One with Chain Suck Problems so I ran it through a Mud Bog.

The chain suck became such an issue for me after about 3/4 of the way through the 1st lap my small chain ring was unusable. every body was having similar problems, so on the 2nd lap I dismounted and ran all the mud bogs and it helped my Shifting considerably! .

splat

Nam I am
Now did MY wife get Pics of me finishing !! Nooooo

she was to busy taking pics of my son on the podium. I guess thats OK ! :)

Any way , I won my Class! and took race series Points for my class too! woo hoo, I got a Leaders Jersey as schawg.

any way I took a couple of Pics of the Expert/Pro.

here are some ofthe conditions we had to deal with !

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Good job! I can see that your kid will be a biker for sure, thats a great thing! :cool: I did an XC race when I first started biking, I got 3rd out of four kids total. It was fun though. I wanna race again soon, but maybe something like dual slalom, though I would be good at XC.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ha, that one kid has a SID on his bike!

Way to go to your son for racing on a rigid!!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I had to bump the thread... the kid with the side and coordinated jersey rocks... I think your kid's gonna be a downhiller - he's looking at Sid Boy like he's from another planet. :D

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
very cool. i have to agree with whoever said your kid is a dher. you can see it in his composure on the podium. cool, calm and collected. cutie pie! i liked the shot of him hunkering down in the sprint for the finish. also liked the photo of you running through the mud bog. very determined look.

wait! i liked all the pictures. riding bikes in the woods is so much fun. seeing pictures of it is the next best thing to being there.