Quantcast

My Spankin' New Demo 8

manitouman28

Chimp
Jul 1, 2005
Spencer, MA
Just finished up my new rig for the season. I have been slowly piecing it together for the last 6 months, so I'm pretty stoked that its all done. I can't wait to take it to the local DH to get it dialed in and see how it rides.

Here are the specs:
Frame- Demo 8, size medium
Shock - Fox DHX 5.0
Fork- 08’ RockShox Boxxer World Cup
Headset- Chris King, gold
Stem- e.13 Ali
Handlebars- Chromag Fubars 28” flat
Grips- ODI Rogues
Brakes- Avid Codes
Chain guide- e.13 Lg-1
Derailleur- Sram x.9, short cage
Shifters- Sram x.9
Cassette- Sram PG-970, 11-21t
Chain- Sram PC-971
Crankset- Truvativ Holzfeller OCT, 170mm
Chainrings- e.13 guide ring, 36t
Bottom Bracket- Truvativ Howitzer Team
Pedals- Welgo Mg-1
Rims- Mavic EX729, 36h
Front hub- 20mm Hadley, gold
Rear hub- 135x10 Hadley, gold
Spokes- DT Swiss
Front tire- Maxxis Minion DHF, 2.5” Super Tacky
Rear tire- Maxxis Minion DHF, 2.5” 60a
Saddle - WTB Devo Ti/Carbon
Seat post- Thomson Elite
Seat binder- Hope Bolt-on, Gold

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
Congrats on a a fine build... post the weight please.

two questions:

- Did you have to use the ISCG adapter to get the e13 guide to work?

- On the headset install, was it necessary to go with the oversize CK cups?

Tight looking bike. I say keep the stickers, they match up well to your gold parts. Here is some spam: If you want a brand new cane creek double barrel shock with a ti spring for that bike holla at me (sold my demo 8 last month and the shock I've been waiting for finally came in this month).

manitouman28

Chimp
Jul 1, 2005
Spencer, MA
- Did you have to use the ISCG adapter to get the e13 guide to work?

- On the headset install, was it necessary to go with the oversize CK cups?
Ya, I did have to use the ISCG adaptor becuase the pattern on the guide did not match up with the frame.

What do you mean oversized CK cups, its just a regular 1 1/8 nothreadset, not the deep press ones.

kidwoo said:
Take those stickers off.

I did and that red anno looks much better.
I like the stickers on there now, especially since I matched some of the other parts up with them. Maybe next season I'll peel the stickers off if they start to look a little haggard.

jonnynails said:
Here is some spam: If you want a brand new cane creek double barrel shock with a ti spring for that bike holla at me (sold my demo 8 last month and the shock I've been waiting for finally came in this month).
Thanks but no thanks on that offer, I plan to ride this shock for a little while and most likely make the switch to the new RS Vivid.

Ohh and I'm proud to say that I no longer own a Manitou product... well actually I do have a sherman firefly hiding in my closet but I try not to look at it too much.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Is it just me or does that bike look pretty long? Not a criticism, just an observation! Nice looking bike.

manitouman28

Chimp
Jul 1, 2005
Spencer, MA
Is it just me or does that bike look pretty long? Not a criticism, just an observation! Nice looking bike.
Im not sure on the wheelbase but it is a pretty longish bike. Very stable at speed, but still rails corners. Having a 64 degree headtube angle probably makes it look a bit longer.

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Yes Demos are relatively long.

But in an interesting combo, short chainstays and long cockpit.

Bike looks great.