Quantcast

My SS Project

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
Awesome! Got my Marzocchi DJ3 today! Just peeled all the stickers off and now i'm just about go get it ready for some primer.

All the other parts I need to finish will be here sometime this week. :D

Mar 23, 2006
NoVA/ Richmond
just got this today. build's almost done.
[IMG ]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q237/efferal91/crankset.jpg[/IMG]
forks will be here next friday.
I hope you have better luck with those cranks than I did. I had those on my IH Porter and ended up bending the non-drive side arm a bit. However it was a hardtail though, so you should be good. As for why not to go 24" with it, IMO it just looks a little wacky to have a bike designed around 26"s with 24"s on it. Looking good so far though!

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
FYCK YEAH! It's done! :D
Check it:

Specs:
Frame: Schwinn Mesa DS
Fork: Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 3
Handlebar: Azonic Strip Bar
Rims: Alex Rims
BB: TruVativ Isis
Crankset: TruVativ Hussefelt
Chainring: TruVativ Trushift Alloy 32 tooth
Pedals: Odyssey Cielencki
Grips: DUO Homan
Brake Lever: Poverty Freestyle
Brakes: Shimano DXR V-Brake
Seat: Demolition D1
Hub Spacers: Soulcraft
Chain: Shadow Conspiracy Interlock 2 Half-Link

Mar 23, 2006
NoVA/ Richmond
Looks good man, however your going to need to slap a chain tensioner on there, or your gonna bust that chain as soon as you land, and use the rear suspension. With that type of rear swingarm, the chainline is not kept constant, meaning as you compress the shock, the length of your chain needs to increase.

bikemonkey

Chimp
Feb 1, 2008
Santiago, Chile
nope, at first the wheel moves rearward, so you will tension the chain. take the shock out an try it. its looks like the wheel will start moving forward only on the 2nd or 3th centimeter into the rear travel. other than that the bike looks fab!! nice chain.

bikemonkey

Chimp
Feb 1, 2008
Santiago, Chile
not quite, you will still need a chain device to keep the chain on. but to adjust and absorb the ever changing chain length you will need something like the YESS CHAIN TENSIONER or the DMR Tension Seeker2 there are many other tensioners but what ever you pick, you have to make sure it can cope with the travel.

a cheaper way is to get an old changer and set it to your chain line and you will have a perfectly good but rather clunky chain tensioner.