Quantcast

My Status

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
For those who know me, know what happend this weekend, and care. Here is my Status. I was correct, I did break my ribs. After 6 hours in the ER Sunday night, it was confermied. I have 2 broken ribs. I told them to give me a band-aid and send me to my race next weekend. Well, doesn;t look like I'll be racing next weekend. Also, looks like my trip to race North* at the end of the month is also gone. If I have anything positive to take away from this. Its that I've learned never to say "Hey, take a pic." to a friend of mine whos on the side of the course WHILE your racing.

Take care, Thanks..... Matthew

shuttlefever

Chimp
Apr 11, 2007
Enumclaw Wa.
I broke 2 ribs last year, it sucks!! and the worse thing is that it takes a lot of time for ribs to heal. keep riding for fitness, but dont plan to ride hard real soon, if they have a chance to heal up without any "bumps" along the way, you will be good to go within a month or so. now for the bad news, you will still be feeling that injury for quite a while even after they heal. stay away from your friends who tell you great dirty jokes just to see you flinch in pain! and avoid getting a cold!! heal up soon !!
Shuttlefever~

cederrowe

Monkey
Feb 18, 2006
portland, oregon
Hey Matt, Your ribs might be hurt......you should see that tree.
We'll there is always North* next year. You coming to any of the races to spectate? Grab your skin suite and a big ass cow bell and a fifth of jaeger!

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Yar. I had broken ribs beginning of last year. Def sucked. They couldnt do much but give me meds either.

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Ribs suck, the last time I did it I took 3 out from crushing my arm/elbow into my own chest..

My healing tips:
- Take deep breaths as often as possible, I know it hurts but it will help the ribs heal out where they should and not compressed into your chest.
- If you want to ride, wrap your chest in a tight compression bandage. It will constrict your breathing a little, but by minimizing the movement of the bones it wont hurt as bad.
- Maintain a high alcohol/vicodin/weed to blood ratio.