Quantcast

My sweet IH

rodrigodh

Chimp
Mar 12, 2005
Hey guys, just a little bored and thought that I would share some pics of my bike.
Specs are almost as when i bought it some years ago. Only changed the boxxer for 888, put on new cranks and a road cassette.
It´s a great bike, so reliable and always ready for a run. We have been through a lot together, so many races, so many rides and training days.
I´ve learned a lot with her. She's tough, but she's really nice, too.
I take good care of her and she does as well for me... can say she has saved my life a couple times.
The only not so great thing was the old military green painting, so i thought i´ll change that into a nice new look.

I know i´ll have to let her go some day... but only for a sunday. jeje

tell me what do you think, thanks

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
wow, thats a blast from the past. Haven't seen one of those for a while.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I had one of those in my basement until a few months ago, definitely a solid, no-nonsense kind of bike. woulnd't be surprised if you told me the chain guide is as old as the frame. DW should have build a self destruct date into those things, they last so long no one has to buy new ones.

The polished finish and new graphics look great. Was that a stock color or has it been refinished?

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I like it, it looks really simple and refined. Nice chrome color, suprisingly, it didn't make anything look tacky either. Nice bike, good like with it.

josemi

Chimp
Dec 21, 2007
zaragoza
hi,Rodrigo!
This is my first post in ridemonkey.
I knew you last sunday,in the"pinares"
Very good looking bike!!!
See you soon.

rodrigodh

Chimp
Mar 12, 2005
thanks to all , yeah it's very solid.
the chainguide is actually the one it came with, haven't had any problems with it... mmm ohh!.. only changed the sprocket!
I`m going to buy new pedals soon, the few pins left are not pointing in the right direction. Hopefully a pair of five ten too!!

by the way... great youtube link Iridemtb.

MichaelT

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
home
I really dug my SGS and it was the first DH bike I felt really comfortable on. Have fun ripping around on that bike!

Michael
e.thirteen

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
man i know how you feel about getting rid of her. im trying to sell mine as of now and well its sweet sweet sorrow if you know what i mean. im happy cause i have a new sunday, but its been 3 1/2 years of love and she got me started in dh so im sad but happy.

ohh very solid looking bike man, and the chrome is wicked on that frame. hope your having a killer time on it man.