Quantcast

My tauntaun froze.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Derzu Uzala is more accurate.

The tauntaun scene was based on this Kurosawa film, where the title character had built a shelter before darkness fell with a surveyor's tripod and water reeds he had cut from the frozen lake they were stranded on.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I miss snow. I've got a WRX with brand new snow tires and I've only driven it in slush. Maybe twice. Just feels wrong.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Derzu Uzala is more accurate.

The tauntaun scene was based on this Kurosawa film, where the title character had built a shelter before darkness fell with a surveyor's tripod and water reeds he had cut from the frozen lake they were stranded on.
Are you into LARP, by any chance?

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
It just started coming down around here an hour ago. The winds are howling - this is gonna be a big'un.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
super ultra geeky is having a user name that is a star wars reference nobody gets
"But I was going into TOSHI station to pick up some power converters!"
My great-grandparents must have been prophetic when they named my grandfather Toshihiro in 1916… :rofl:

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
super ultra geeky is having a user name that is a star wars reference nobody gets
"But I was going into TOSHI station to pick up some power converters!"
Super ultra geeky is knowing that.

Super ultra dorky is knowing that and pointing it out, but being wrong.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Finally stopped. Theres about 14 inches of snow in the street. Record snowfall today.

The title of this thread is what one of the jr designers at my office sent me via text... I thought it was pretty funny.

He said... "My tuntaun didn't reach the first marker" which was basically nerd speak for, "I'm not coming into work today".

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Finally stopped. Theres about 14 inches of snow in the street. Record snowfall today.

The title of this thread is what one of the jr designers at my office sent me via text... I thought it was pretty funny.

He said... "My tuntaun didn't reach the first marker" which was basically nerd speak for, "I'm not coming into work today".
C'mon now your making designers look like big geeks...:eek: :D

dont know our totals but we got walloped.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
golgi, you got nuthin' on this guy. He owed money to the Hutt's!!!

Can't find the orignial video that shows it from all sides, but idiot wound up breaking his rear glass.....because he used a chisel and a hammer. :doh: