Quantcast

My trip back east

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
So I have not posted a ride report in awhile… and although this one is NOT one of my better rides (due to personal issues), I still had a great time.

Lately I have been traveling a LOT for work and therefore riding a bit less. The cool thing about it is that I’ve managed to make some fun trips out of my ‘work’ trips. One was Diablo Mountain Bike Park which I posted before.

The weekend of July 8th I was able to swing by and visit my Dad in Florida. We played 18 holes of golf, well he played; I hacked my way through…

The weekend of the 15th I was able to get out to see my friends/family back home in New England. I saw my niece who I have not seen since she was 4 months old (turns 3 next weekend), and saw my mother who I had not seen in about a year and a half (she was visiting from Florida – perfect timing!)

Mom and niece:

I saw a ton of friends, most of my family, was able to squeeze a ride in, worked, and got back to Cali in less than 3 days. Not ideal... but I'll take it.

The weekend actually started with a bar crawl with DVrider Saturday night… which was a mistake. Drank WAY too much, and then crashed on is couch the night before a ride.

DVRider style

The next day was a hot and HUMID day that made breathing difficult… plus the fact that I was still drunk from the night before probably didn’t help. We were going to one of my old stomping grounds – Nam. I’m sure you’ve seen pics from here already (Splat post from here a lot), but none of this existed the last time I rode it (2.5 yrs ago) so I was psyched to hit it.

DVRider blew out his ACL at Diablo a month ago, so he hiked in and took pictures of us playing. He also lent me his bike – so major props to him!

Feeling the booze early:

I was instructed by a buddy to make myself puke in order to feel better, but I figured I can hang and just sweat it out.

Frame twister:

Pete on a nice berm:

Alan JRA to the ‘frame twister’:

Was feeling kinda foggy by this point so I forget the name (place not the rider – Donnie), rider has been riding for just about a year:

Step up that is to the right of ^:

Alan through the trees on the jump line:

“From one drunk to another, just puke. You’ll feel much better” – Pete.
Well in the end I really didn’t have a choice:

At this point DVRider (photog for the day) went back to the car and we kept riding for about an hour. I felt a lot better afterwards (good advice pete) and we hit some more fun stuff, including some of the old school trails that made ‘Nam such a joy to ride. No pictures as I was happier while pedaling, but it was a great time.

I have to give a HUGE thumbs up to the crew that has been maintaining and building the stunts there – awesome job. My only comment is that some of the transitions are maybe too generous… but I was thankful for it on that day! Can’t wait for the rest of the stunts that they were talking about – gotta get back there with my hardtail, and no drinking this time!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Ride Til you Puke!

Nice shots!

It is interesting to see that trail so dry - usually it is either dark or damp when Splat and his crew are out there.