Quantcast

My wife ate a watermelon...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I always just assumed World Champions were not supposed to have babies, guess I am wrong. Leigh Donovan workin on poppin our kid out...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
stoney98 said:
I hate to say it, but that's almost mildly disturbing...
On a more positive note..
Congrats Stik! Congrats Leigh!
Best of luck, and well wishes for you both and the little one!
Trust me, we are trippin. Funniest thing is to see Leigh at her shop with all these ladies who "loved being pregnant" and hearing Leigh tell them they are crazy..."Dude, you chicks are crazy, this is soooo weird"...good times.

It is our first and its supposedly a girl-if so, I am doomed-2 "extreme" chicks in one house!

Come to think of it, I am pretty sure this is the first ever DH world champ/US National Champ to have a kid?? useless interesting factoid :)

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
Nice lighting on that picture. Perfect backlighting.

Congrats about the kid. He/she could be a pro downhiller someday.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Yeah, fraser-moron, its called a Silhouette-or atleast thats what the photo books told me! ha
She needs to be more blacked out for the effect I was going for, oh well...on my next round of artsy fartsy crap.
Thanks all for the good words, much appreciated.
Leigh is due Aug 23rd they say (notice my skeptism on the medical profession)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
1st kid + 2 weeks past whatever they tell you = actual due date.

:)

Congrats!

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
And i always thought my parents were kidding when they said that if you swallowed a watermelon seed it would grow in your stomach :eek: .

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Leighs mom is ultrasound technician and she has said its a girl for a while, and our Drs' tech says its a girl too, but the other night when I was doing some more stuff to baby room, I began to laugh my ass off cause we bought all these girly fairy paintings for the room from this artist in Kauai and I thought "what if the techs are wrong?" haha.

Oh and since its stikmans show and tell thread, heres a pic one day when Leigh came home from work, she had some wicked awesome morning sickness first few weeks, so I said "how was your day?"

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
stiksandstones said:
Yeah, fraser-moron, its called a Silhouette-or atleast thats what the photo books told me! ha
She needs to be more blacked out for the effect I was going for, oh well...on my next round of artsy fartsy crap.
Thanks all for the good words, much appreciated.
Leigh is due Aug 23rd they say (notice my skeptism on the medical profession)

I know, I'm being a smartass. :nuts:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Velocity Girl said:
Congrats to you both!

So do you have the first bike bought for the little one yet? :D
I am hoping Jeff makes some INTENSE tricycles! Leigh's partner in the store Jennifer is married to Jeff S from intense and they just had their first baby girl 6 months ago, so I keep hoping he makes a one off tricycle...then maybe I can beg for a replica! ha

And thanks all for the kinds words-appreciated.