Quantcast

My wife wanted to ride bikes today

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
What is different is that she is a week past her due date. Hit a local trail. Beginner type trail but allowed her to ride about 7 miles.

Pre-ride

Small log crossing

Rocks

Little air

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
she trying to shake the baby loose?

Wouldn't sex and multiple orgasms just be easier?

Very cool tho! Your wife rocks.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Not smart at all. But hey, do what ya want.

I wouldnt let my wife ride after we found out she was prego. Its just not worth it. One small mishap and your life could be changed forever.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Not smart at all. But hey, do what ya want.

I wouldnt let my wife ride after we found out she was prego. Its just not worth it. One small mishap and your life could be changed forever.
In defense of them, the baby is pretty safe in there. I agree with your thinking of err on the side of caution, but it's not like she had the baby in a baby backpack -- which I've seen on ski slopes :(

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
Jacob ! your Crazy!!!
I'm not crazy. She's the one that is pregnant!!

Crazy, dumb, hardcore......call it what you will. She's pregnant, not cripple. Trust me, I was leary of taking her in the woods, away from our neighborhood rides. Her being very active during her pregnancy has been a huge help in keeping her comfortable.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Wombs are probably safer than FF helmets! There's a reason for its design and all the amniotic fluid involved. Our midwife said my wife should go for a ride or hike to help "get things going"! Nice pics and good luck - Jim

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I'm not crazy. She's the one that is pregnant!!

Crazy, dumb, hardcore......call it what you will. She's pregnant, not cripple. Trust me, I was leary of taking her in the woods, away from our neighborhood rides. Her being very active during her pregnancy has been a huge help in keeping her comfortable.
:clapping: Definitely...I had an active pregnancy and never had a problem!

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Wow! Doctor told us riding was a big no no. I would worry more due to her being past the due date. The babies head is right there. But as long as there weren't any mishaps, THAT ROCKS!

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Wow! Doctor told us riding was a big no no. I would worry more due to her being past the due date. The babies head is right there. But as long as there weren't any mishaps, THAT ROCKS!
WARNING: Might be more info than you men want (it's almost more than I want...)
Due dates are often inaccurate. Doctors often go by charts and the woman's cycle to tell you a due date. If she ovulated past day 14, the due date will be off. They can be off by as much as 3 weeks.

Doctors also vary in their advice, depending on your current physical state. A few months ago I had laproscopic surgery to remove a cyst that was about 9x5 cm (yeah, huge). My doctor told me to take it easy that week - bike no more than 50 miles or so, she said as she chuckled. I ended up doing over 75 before the end of the week.

Vinnycactus - you totally rock (almost as much as your waay rad hella cool wife) for embracing life and encouraging your wife to do so too. Your kids will be confident and unafraid. May God grant them many years.

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
Thanks for the very kind words Sunny!! My wife is much cooler than I am.

As a side note, Sunday morning we will be going for our last ride for a little while as she's getting induced that afternoon.

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
We never quite made it out for one final ride. My wife started mild contractions saturday. by the time we made it to our scheduled appt on sunday, she was already 5 1/2 cm dialated. good news as she wouldn't have to be induced. so after about 2hrs of "hard" labor, Emerson Leigh Burns was born. 8lbs 5oz, 20.5". My wife was able able to make it through all of labor 100% natural. Most amazing experience of my life.

5 minutes before leaving for the hospital

essentials are packed

heading into the office

this was taken after labor

Emerson Leigh 20 minutes old

going home

Kona approves

CA_Descender

Chimp
Nov 18, 2007
Simi, CA
I guess this is as good a thread as any to jump into the mix.

Congrats VC and welcome to fatherhood. My wife rode well into her third trimester before she had to stop when we had our daughter and then again when we had our son. Calling them adrenaline junkies would be an understatement.

See what happens though when the Mrs rides that hard and that far into her pregnancy? The kid gets bloodied eyes.

DBD

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Great way to bring in a new year. Congratulations and the best of luck sleeping. Don't you love the head shocks they get (c: My sons head was so big it kept popping off like a rubber band lol.