Quantcast

Mycyclinglog.com

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, I stopped posting in mycyclinglog when i quit riding in March. But I guess I could start riding again...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
4K for me:)
I prefer tracking my hours. When I only did road, then mileage was relevant, but considering I do 60% road, 40% mountain, the hours seem like a more accurate way to measure my cycling efforts.

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
I am definately going to do this again this year, after I move and get settled in.

For me logging hours will be much more accurate for me too. Does the time hiking the DH bike uphill count?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
ATTN:

If you're interested in joining the Ridemonkey group on mycyclinglog, you'll need to send me a PM with your email address. The site's changed a bit and I don't think the group email I created will work for anyone but me. I have to send you an invite from the page.

Thanks!

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
I have pretty much shut down the training for the year. As of now i have alittle over 8500 miles in this year. Now that i have a PowerTap i hope to to not ride as much (because i am a lazy peron by nature:brows: )but get better results next season.We shall see:clue:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I have pretty much shut down the training for the year. As of now i have alittle over 8500 miles in this year. Now that i have a PowerTap i hope to to not ride as much (because i am a lazy peron by nature:brows: )but get better results next season.We shall see:clue:
When I was racing when I was 18, I did lots of miles, but not enough intensity based training. In my 30's, I focus on doing intensity based training, and I am buying a powertap for next season...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I think this winter is going to be weight training/cardio at the gym 2-3 days a week and some trainer at home (if I can stand it!). I need to work on longer endurance efforts the most. I've got the power. I just need it for longer, especially if I'm racing (like I'd like to do more of next summer).

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
When I was racing when I was 18, I did lots of miles, but not enough intensity based training. In my 30's, I focus on doing intensity based training, and I am buying a powertap for next season...

i really think alot of the miles i put in are in the "grey" area if you know what i mean. i believe by using the power tap and not wasting time/effort a person can still be competitive in the Cat 3's on 8 to 10 good solid hours of training time.

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
Jeez...I haven't entered anything since last February. I'm way behind now. Can I just enter one ride for a couple thousand miles (I swear I rode that much) to catch up? :)

It would be nice to have a monthly view under the groups tab.

BTW, am I the only one that is not really training for anything?

Eric S.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I've been riding my rollers again but my computer needs a new battery. I'll have to estimate for the time being I suppose.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm not doing as much riding this winter as I am cross training and lifting at the gym
:stupid:

Years past I've spent December and January killing myself on trainers prepping for Old Pueblo. This year I'm running and cross training during the week. I'll hit the fake bikes in late winter. Luckily the weather has been great and and I have been able to get some good weekend rides in. Will be digging trails tomorrow morning followed by a ride.:monkeydance:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
time to get my lazy unmotivted ass back into training mode

I am joining a gym tonight, and I want to do Old Pueblo in Feb., if I can find some teammates

:stupid:

Years past I've spent December and January killing myself on trainers prepping for Old Pueblo. This year I'm running and cross training during the week. I'll hit the fake bikes in late winter. Luckily the weather has been great and and I have been able to get some good weekend rides in. Will be digging trails tomorrow morning followed by a ride.:monkeydance:
So does that mean no '07 OP for you ?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
time to get my lazy unmotivted ass back into training mode

I am joining a gym tonight, and I want to do Old Pueblo in Feb., if I can find some teammates

So does that mean no '07 OP for you ?
I ain't got no team. I think I might try and doing the Razorback 12 hour that is usually held the same weekend. It is down in Fla so it is within driving distance not to mention I can probably carpool with some folks.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
So who is Cliff s who has the top spot ?
Hello. Damn I'm still on top? I haven't posted miles since before the summer. I would have thought I'd be mid-pack at this point. I hit the 9000 mile mark tomorrow or Friday I've just been totally lazy about going to the site to post workouts (and too busy to post much on RM). Great riding to everyone in 2007!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
yo Bishes, I am in! just signed up, and got the invite from Beth. like it or not I am in the RM group:wave: :help:

do you put actual riding/moving time or how long you were out? I know that my friends cyclometer said our actual average speed was 8.4 mph on the one ride! and the cycling log said it was a bunch slower, just cause I put the total time I was out, and not actual rolling time!

thanks for the invite folks, this is great for me to keep track of my rides :thumb:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
yo Bishes, I am in! just signed up, and got the invite from Beth. like it or not I am in the RM group:wave: :help:

do you put actual riding/moving time or how long you were out? I know that my friends cyclometer said our actual average speed was 8.4 mph on the one ride! and the cycling log said it was a bunch slower, just cause I put the total time I was out, and not actual rolling time!

thanks for the invite folks, this is great for me to keep track of my rides :thumb:
I had to think long and hard about whether or not I should let you in, but....;)

I usually put in how long I was out just because I don't think with mountain biking, time on the computer is much of an indicator of anything. There's so much technical stuff and speed's not as important (at least to me) as it is when I'm on a road ride or the trainer.

When I'm on the trainer I'll put in the computer's time.

I'm more focused on time than miles right now for the winter. I've been keeping a training log of my progress with weights, indoor climbing, trainer rides etc. and trying to post to the online log when I remember.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I had to think long and hard about whether or not I should let you in, but....;)

I usually put in how long I was out just because I don't think with mountain biking, time on the computer is much of an indicator of anything. There's so much technical stuff and speed's not as important (at least to me) as it is when I'm on a road ride or the trainer.

When I'm on the trainer I'll put in the computer's time.

I'm more focused on time than miles right now for the winter. I've been keeping a training log of my progress with weights, indoor climbing, trainer rides etc. and trying to post to the online log when I remember.
hey thanks for overlooking all of my shortcomings, and letting me join your reindeer games! :imstupid:

well, I know that a bunch of the cyclocomputers out now do have actual riding time as an option, and was wondering if you are putting that in, or the total time with all the stops and breaks etc. if I get around to puttin my computer on the bikey, I may start posting actual riding times instead of "left car at 11:00am, and back at 4:00pm" type of times!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
hey thanks for overlooking all of my shortcomings, and letting me join your reindeer games! :imstupid:

well, I know that a bunch of the cyclocomputers out now do have actual riding time as an option, and was wondering if you are putting that in, or the total time with all the stops and breaks etc. if I get around to puttin my computer on the bikey, I may start posting actual riding times instead of "left car at 11:00am, and back at 4:00pm" type of times!
I generally put in "total time" rather than actual ride time too. I still have to figure out what to put in for my time on the rollers (I have been too lazy to hook my computer up).

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I do actual time, I have been on 3 hour rides with 2 hours of ride time (saddle time) ... sitting around bull ****ting on the trail doesnt count in my book :hmm:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I do actual time, I have been on 3 hour rides with 2 hours of ride time (saddle time) ... sitting around bull ****ting on the trail doesnt count in my book :hmm:
right on! that is what I was thinking (and usually what happens, like on sunday when we ran into some of my trail work crew, and stopped to give them some feedback for like 25 minutes)....... guess I should put the computer on the bikey then! :thumb:

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
I put in the time I leave the car/house to the time I return/arrive.

If I sit BSing on the trail, that should count against my average speed, IMO.