Quantcast

N* and Downieville update 6/26

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
FYI

Last weekend I had the great fortune of riding Downieville on Saturday and N* on Sunday.

Downieville:
Rode Pauly Creek and Butcher Ranch.
Way better condition than I thought it would be.
Patches of snow up top on the road. Pauly Creek was flowing, and cold, but fun to cross.

Butcher Ranch had no snow to be seen once you hit the trail.
Awesome traction, very clean, etc..

Mad props to Greg at Downieville Outfitters for taking care of the trails/shuttles.

N*:
THEY FINALLY IMPROVED THEIR LIFT SYSTEM!
The secondary (main) lift is now "whistleresque" where you just roll your bike onto the track and get on the next chair.
No more embarassing lift blemeshes!

Trails are more of the same, only better.
The not-so-dusty ground made for pretty much the best conditions I've ever seen there.

Crazy amounts of construction going on though. Bad parking, bad signage, no food. Some guy gave me crap for going through the "construction" parking lot when all I did was go down the stairs from the upper lot (no signs, tape, etc.).
But once your on the hill, that doesn't matter.

Hoping to do more of the same this weekend.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Damn bisquit, you and I had the same schedule! I hit N* saturday and Downieville on Sunday. Did you see a dude on a black M1 pinning it? ;)

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Zark said:
Damn bisquit, you and I had the same schedule! I hit N* saturday and Downieville on Sunday. Did you see a dude on a black M1 pinning it? ;)
Several at n*, not at DVille.

I wasn't planning on hitting n*, so I didn't bring my DH bike.
I was riding my polished, custom gusseted Titus Quasi-Moto with a PIKE all weekend.

Proved many people wrong that you don't need a full DH bike to pin it a N*.

You do need DH wheels though.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Glad you had a good time. Yuba Expeditions took care of us up at Downieville. The shuttle driver was a total metal head, so we hit it off right away;)

Hope the wheels ain't in too bad of shape!

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
It's near Chico, about an hour north of Northstar (depending on who's driving).

You can call, or check out the website for Downieville Outfitters (530-289-3505) or Yuba Expeditions (530-289-3010) for more details. They both provide shuttles to the top of the mountain.

There are ton's of great trails there, the main one is Butcher Ranch (the race course).
Fast pro's can finish in 45minutes (no stops). Expect to take 1.5 - 2 hours per run if your with a group.