Quantcast

n* news

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
i know rumors and such have been flying around, but...

mr amyd just had a meeting with some folks at booth creek. n*'s bike park is DEFINITELY opening up next year. they are really hoping to be more whistleresque. the have sponsorships on board from fox, oakley, and dakine, but are looking for some really big ones (like chevy trucks, etc...)

even better... they are taking a small percentage of winter lift ticket sales and putting that directly towards their bike park funds.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
ben was soo giddy when he called me with the news.

i guess they didn't do as many improvements over the summer as they would have liked, hence they are taking 1$ or 2$ from winter lift ticket sales. that can add up to lots.

they also want to draw in more families too. so it's not just purely a mtn for DHers.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Are they going to use my idea for The Parking Lot™ terrain park?
hmmmmm. considering the guy at booth creek only road rides, he might be into it.

mr.amyd is offering his assistance for any design or trail alignment for free (he's got cad drawings and aerial survey of all the ski runs)

it might be nice to get some people involved who actually ride mtn bikes.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
hmmmmm. considering the guy at booth creek only road rides, he might be into it.

mr.amyd is offering his assistance for any design or trail alignment for free (he's got cad drawings and aerial survey of all the ski runs)

it might be nice to get some people involved who actually ride mtn bikes.
Just curious, is Mr. Amydalayna going to create some trails on his own, or has his company been subcontracted to build some trails?

It would be nice if there was a contract with a professional firm to build a trail.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Just curious, is Mr. Amydalayna going to create some trails on his own, or has his company been subcontracted to build some trails?

It would be nice if there was a contract with a professional firm to build a trail.
he's only paid to design their village. no mtn improvements. he wants to help them with their trails... but right now they are mainly focused on opening for the ski season.

there's so much potential there if they decide they want to do it up right. only time will tell.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
Sweet. If they are seriously going to spend $1 or $2 from each lift ticket, that would be super super sick. That'd be a ton of money.

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
Wow
Hopefully they (meaning Northstar ) will not forget about me and we can get some actual work done on the trails instead of just sitting there planning and talking about it. Hopefully Kyle is still the park manger and remembers my name . It is excellent news for everyone that it is going to be re-opened now if they just budge on the improvements it will rule. Thaks for the update Amy..
"SAW"

TROUT

Chimp
Sep 9, 2006
ELK GROVE
its cool havin a place like that up the road from ya. it would be nice if they cleaned it up and made it more whistleresc. winter is tooooooo long :disgust:

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
SICKKKKKKKKK...

I cant wait its been to long.

its crazy when i would ride N* back in 2001 and you would think that it was always going to be there. and then BAM!!! no N*

I will never curse the N* again even if they make you pedal 4 miles in from the parking lot...........

good times are a coming.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
SICKKKKKKKKK...

I cant wait its been to long.

its crazy when i would ride N* back in 2001 and you would think that it was always going to be there. and then BAM!!! no N*

I will never curse the N* again even if they make you pedal 4 miles in from the parking lot...........

good times are a coming.
You gotta actually ride Marc.....:cupidarrow:

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
WOW!!! I do ride i just dont ride the same auburn trails over and over and over and over and over and over you no Jav after about 6 years of riding it gets a bit played out. Now N* is different I rode there alot every weekend from 02 till 05 then i had my Daughter and i had to slow down and take care of dad duties.

So where are you when we ride urban assault?? cant say i have ever seen you out there on a hard tail ha ha ha .

oh yea and i forgot i also skate alot so i dont get burned out on riding the same auburn trails over and over and over and over and over......

much love JB
always much respect to the ones that serve and protect.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
WOW!!! I do ride i just dont ride the same auburn trails over and over and over and over and over and over you no Jav after about 6 years of riding it gets a bit played out. Now N* is different I rode there alot every weekend from 02 till 05 then i had my Daughter and i had to slow down and take care of dad duties.

So where are you when we ride urban assault?? cant say i have ever seen you out there on a hard tail ha ha ha .

oh yea and i forgot i also skate alot so i dont get burned out on riding the same auburn trails over and over and over and over and over......

much love JB
always much respect to the ones that serve and protect.
Just crackin' walnutz brudda!!!!!!!!!! You know I love you!!!!!!!!!!