Quantcast

N SeaTac BMX track rebuild

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Well, it's finally getting done. The NST BMX track is getting rebuilt. They got Billy Allen to come in and re-do the track. Billy has built a lot of the national caliber tracks around the states. Good job to Bubba and all the volunteers. Here's some photos. No, I didn't take the photos - I'm still in China

http://www.seatacbmx.org/rebuild/index.htm

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Five said:
Well, it's finally getting done. The NST BMX track is getting rebuilt. They got Billy Allen to come in and re-do the track. Billy has built a lot of the national caliber tracks around the states. Good job to Bubba and all the volunteers. Here's some photos. No, I didn't take the photos - I'm still in China

http://www.seatacbmx.org/rebuild/index.htm
Shweet! it was do for an upgrade! welp once there done im gonna have to head back there seems how i havent been there in like 2 years

britinmtb

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
kent
the track is looking pimp. bubba made a good choice billy is a great track builder. it will be the fastest and smoothest track in wa.

May 9, 2003
KENT'S EAST HILL
the work party would be to plant grass and stuff. the track should be finished today.
same starting gate and shape.

first straight= double, step up into new banked berm. no dips in the track just gradual down hill to the berm.

second = double, roller, tripple into new banked berm.

third = rythem section into new banked berm.

fourth = roller, table, double.
it should be around 1200 feet

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Levi and S Weasle have already said they will be headed to NST for racing their hts on Saturdays this year. When they head down I can send an extra ht if someone wants to give bmxing a try. Just let me know ahead of time.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I'm on my way back to Seattle today - I'm going to go check out the track. Can't wait to see it. Racing it should be fun this year - now I'll just have to decide which ones to race and which ones to photo.

Hey BS you doing the SCR this weekend? I think there's one isn't there?

Wigga

Monkey
Jul 27, 2004
kirkland
quick questions:
is the track going to be open to the public on non-race days?
do they have a mountain bike class at the races?

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Wigga said:
quick questions:
is the track going to be open to the public on non-race days?
do they have a mountain bike class at the races?
Yep, the track will be open on non-race days.

If there are enough mtbers that show up, there will be a class. Just need a minimum of 3 racers. However, you do need an ABA cruiser class license - cost is $45. Cost to race will be $8-$10 per race. Way cheaper than doing a Norba race.

I think the plan is to do gate practices on Thursday nights starting in June - don't know what the cost for that is, but in the past it was like $2.

Hopefully after this weekend the track will be open. The rains on Thursday night made the track soft and soggy, it should harden up today. This weekend is a clean up.

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
Do you need an ABA license for gate practice? I remember that in the past (like 10 years ago) you didn't but then they changed it so that you did. What's the deal now? Also do you need to run pads on your MTB like the 24"ers and 20"ers do?

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
scottjustscott said:
Do you need an ABA license for gate practice? I remember that in the past (like 10 years ago) you didn't but then they changed it so that you did. What's the deal now? Also do you need to run pads on your MTB like the 24"ers and 20"ers do?
No you don't need an ABA license for gates.

For racing you need to abide by all ABA rules.

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
I was down there Sunday afternoon and it was ridable but far from race ready. The track was really bumpy, but that is just a characteristic of a Western WA track. Should be good once it gets smoothed out.