Quantcast

N* "Series" update!

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
In an attempt to make the N* races interesting here are some highlights:

www.gravityskills.com

After 3 races N* continues to have problems with the timing system, regardless turnout wasn't too bad and some battles for overall leads are starting to shape up.

Expert 18:
Is tied up with Ryan Kresich and Machael Ravizza at 80 points each.
Expert 24:
Ryan Cornilsen is leading Matt Wolpin by 3 points.
Expert 39:
Is tied for first with Trailhead's Lars Thomsen and Heath Sherratt at 90 points each while Chris Carscadden is within striking distance at 84 points.

Sport 18/J:
Rick O'Farrell holds a slim 4 point lead over Landon Vega.
Sport 24:
Chris Hanna (Decline) is 10 points in the lead over Oliver Russell
Sport 29:
Tight battle between Ben Fish and Eric Sudhausen with only 2 points seperating them for the lead.
Sport 39:
Javier Bustamante has been cleaning up taking the lead over yours truely by 10 points.

Unfortunately there were a few injuries yesterday so hope those guys are doing ok. We also saw a few guys move up a class.
So forgive me if I've misspelled your name and for any mistakes I've made.
See you guys at the next race.

whoopnar

Monkey
Sep 11, 2004
Chico, CA
When you first announced this series point system you said you were going to try and get some companies to help with some prizes and such. Any luck?

And thank you again for putting this together!

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
Unfortunately i haven't had much time to contact any companies regarding awards but I also talked to some friends who said it could be a problem since I'd be using data that belongs to N* without their permission. I'm sure it's no big deal and it's more time constraints that are holding me back.
Regardless I'm glade you guys are digging it, I'm just hoping to get everyone a little more stoked to race. Maybe next year I'll step up to promote a race some where in the area.

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
PHP:
does n* do a points leader at the end? that would be very rad considering they haven't been giving out the goods to the top 3.
unfortunately no. at least they said at the first race that this wont count as a series. which is precisely why I decided to do it myself. it's not out of the question that we might be able to throw together our own awards ceremony seperate from N* but as i said in my previous post i'm pretty short on time.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
thanks for taking the time to put together the summary of points. i'm curious on why they tally points for the xc races, but not the dh?
i think there would be more consistent attendance if it was cummulative.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Thanks for spelling my name right! Thanks for taking the time to put the whole points thing together also!

I swear, no one gets it right. I am so scarred from the years of no one getting it right and you come along and make it all better!!!! :thumb:

At least it wasn't spelled Boostamonta like I have seen in the past.

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
whoopnar said:
MBAction.com had something about a series champ in the DH races in an article on their site.
http://www.mbaction.com/detail.asp?id=1426
It says it in the middle just after when they talk about awards being handed out to the top 3.
That's odd, because at the awards at the first race, they specifically said that there will not be any "series winner". Like all of the races were individual, and no one was keeping track of an overall points system. :confused: Between the people running the timing at N* and Mountain Bike Fiction, MY GOD WHO ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE??? :confused: :confused:

whoopnar

Monkey
Sep 11, 2004
Chico, CA
MVRIDER said:
That's odd, because at the awards at the first race, they specifically said that there will not be any "series winner". Like all of the races were individual, and no one was keeping track of an overall points system. :confused: Between the people running the timing at N* and Mountain Bike Fiction, MY GOD WHO ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE??? :confused: :confused:
I agree with you. Now I have to choose of whether I want to race the last N* race or the first Collegiate series race. DAMN!

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
PHP:
Ricebowls...Phil?
Nope Eric Sterner.

As far as the series is concerned I'm just going by what N* said at the first race. I saw what MBA posted and as far as I know it's incorrect. Even read as if they took the info from last season and changed the dates on it.
As far as the flyer is concerned well it is a series of individual races that don;t count for cumlulative points. I distinctly remember N* saying they werent going to track the series standings and since they don;t post their own series points I'm guessing this is still true. But since I'm not affiliated with N* I don;t know everything is 100% sure. Either way I'm having a good time tablulating the results, it makes the races seem a bit more interesting.

[un]

Chimp
Mar 18, 2002
Bernal Heights, SF
ricebowls said:
PHP:
Ricebowls...Phil?
Nope Eric Sterner.

As far as the series is concerned I'm just going by what N* said at the first race. I saw what MBA posted and as far as I know it's incorrect. Even read as if they took the info from last season and changed the dates on it.
As far as the flyer is concerned well it is a series of individual races that don;t count for cumlulative points. I distinctly remember N* saying they werent going to track the series standings and since they don;t post their own series points I'm guessing this is still true. But since I'm not affiliated with N* I don;t know everything is 100% sure. Either way I'm having a good time tablulating the results, it makes the races seem a bit more interesting.

Hey Eric, props for your dedication to this idea... may be it'll motivate me to race N* series, or your future race(s) next year. How about a megavalanche type of race ? :thumb:

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
thanks....i've got some ideas for some less traditional races that i think could be a lot of fun and get a lot more people involved. trying to find ways to make racing a bit more exciting but a bit less serious as well. but before i do anything i need to find the time to put this stuff together.