Quantcast

N*

whoopnar

Monkey
Sep 11, 2004
Chico, CA
I have heard rumors that they will be opening earlier this year. It was the topic of a discussion here on RideMonkey a short time ago. I also believe they are getting a bigger budget so the trails should be even better this year.

for_sale

Chimp
May 25, 2004
Truckee
have heard rumors that they will be opening earlier this year
Thay are NOT opening early. I work at N* as well as Donner and the guys I work for at N* open and maintain the bike park. According to the higher ups there will not be any opening earlier than usual. But it has been pretty warm so if the snow melts. . .

Jenny

for_sale

Chimp
May 25, 2004
Truckee
Can I have their job? I would like to put the stunts they built in line with trails this year. I think that would be nice.
You can have my job!

It's not quite the guys who run the bike park but I get to see some mangled limbs from time to time, and some bloody faces.

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
MVRIDER said:
June 18th?!? http://www.teambigbear.com/images/Northstar_schedule.pdf
Maybe they just mean that's when they'll be open all 7 days a week, and just on the weekens the week before??? Or maybe TBB is just a bunch of trecherous southern Californians trying to trick us :think: ??

Brian- can we get a snow cam sticky soon? Ok...maybe we should at least wait until April :drool: :drool: :drool:
Middle of June is when they always open..Never before that and I would not expect that to change.

Jenny works there and she already told you they aren't opening early.
I've ridden at N* for over 10 years and they've never opened before the second weekend in june.

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
Low_b said:
Middle of June is when they always open..Never before that and I would not expect that to change.

Jenny works there and she already told you they aren't opening early.
I've ridden at N* for over 10 years and they've never opened before the second weekend in june.
I know, I usually plan for the weekend of the 12th. I wonder why they've pushed it back? I guess one more week aint the end of the world....it's worse!!!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Not that I doubt Low_b....

I just find it funny that you are using Team Bigbear as an information source.
They can't even keep their OWN mountain open.
:rolleyes:

I officially hate TBB.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
The Rocky Mountain demo with Wade they had last year was pretty fun. Got to ride the trails a week earlier than most other people.

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
-BB- said:
Not that I doubt Low_b....

I just find it funny that you are using Team Bigbear as an information source.
They can't even keep their OWN mountain open.
:rolleyes:

I officially hate TBB.
You're right, it is just a TBB flyer.
N* hasn't posted anything official that I've seen.

Jeff, I guess we'll see you more often this year?
Let me know when you're coming up!!

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I've never actually ridden at N*.... mainly because I only own a hardtail. But I would love to check it out..... ummmm chair lifts :drool:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Low_b said:
You're right, it is just a TBB flyer.
N* hasn't posted anything official that I've seen.

Jeff, I guess we'll see you more often this year?
Let me know when you're coming up!!

Heck Yeah I'll be coming up to N* more often.
I'll be sure to drop you a PM when I do.
:thumb:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
scurban said:
I've never actually ridden at N*.... mainly because I only own a hardtail. But I would love to check it out..... ummmm chair lifts :drool:
True. Nothing beats lift serviced dh riding......regardless of what bike you're on. Not sure how much will come of it but a hardtail riding friend of mine may have quite a bit of input with the park this year. If that happens, there should be all sorts neat features popping up........built by a mt biker, not a moto guy with lumber.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
kidwoo said:
True. Nothing beats lift serviced dh riding......regardless of what bike you're on. Not sure how much will come of it but a hardtail riding friend of mine may have quite a bit of input with the park this year. If that happens, there should be all sorts neat features popping up........built by a mt biker, not a moto guy with lumber.
And Forrest is back this year too :love: