Quantcast

n00b here with beer....

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
DRB said:
Have to be on a video conference in 5 hours, which sucks. So I'm thinking of whether I'm going to stay up or go to bed.
Bags under the eyes come out extra dark on video conference.

Drink some vodka and Red Bull and go for a night ride till 3 am. You'll be stoked.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Wow, this is the best post N8 has ever made. You can find Rogue down there eh?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
H8R said:
Bags under the eyes come out extra dark on video conference.

Drink some vodka and Red Bull and go for a night ride till 3 am. You'll be stoked.
I am planning on riding in as its probably the safest I'll ever be commuting. Shirt and tie are already at the office.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
Enjoying a Rogue Hazelnut Brown right now. That's the best brown in the world for those not in the know :)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BeerDemon said:
Enjoying a Rogue Hazelnut Brown right now. That's the best brown in the world for those not in the know :)
Noted for Beer:30 at work this Friday.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BeerDemon said:
i really like that Rogue morimoto hazelnut brown; acadian tipped me off to that one.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
narlus said:
i really like that Rogue morimoto hazelnut brown; acadian tipped me off to that one.
I have never understood the difference in their beers labeled Morimoto. Do you know? If you like Barleywine, Rogue Old Crustacean is mighty good.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
DRB said:
They are just signature beers made with that morimoto guy from iron chef.
I'm wondering if the Morimoto brown differs from the regular hazelnut brown.

On a side note, my new house is pretty close to a strip mall which sucks. Except for the fact that World Market has a pretty good selection of Rogue beers. Can't argue with that.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
BeerDemon said:
On a side note, my new house is pretty close to a strip mall which sucks. Except for the fact that World Market has a pretty good selection of Rogue beers. Can't argue with that.
I bought my Rogue at World Market here in La La Land. They used to have the big bottle of Chimay Grand Reserve for $7.99 but they've had a $2 increase lately... :(

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
BeerDemon said:
I'm wondering if the Morimoto brown differs from the regular hazelnut brown.

I never saw the morimoto brown, just the two soba ales and the imperial pilsner.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
DRB said:
I never saw the morimoto brown, just the two soba ales and the imperial pilsner.

the soba was meh, but try to find the hazelnut if you can. i'm usually not a fan of browns (the dogfish indian brown is the other one i really like a lot)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
narlus said:
the soba was meh, but try to find the hazelnut if you can. i'm usually not a fan of browns (the dogfish indian brown is the other one i really like a lot)
The sobas were weird and their imperial was nowhere near as good as Sam Adams.

I like the dogfish brown but their 120 IPA is fantastic except for the part where two basically knock me unconscious.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
BeerDemon said:
I have never understood the difference in their beers labeled Morimoto. Do you know? If you like Barleywine, Rogue Old Crustacean is mighty good.
Rogue brews great beer...but they have a really annoying way of switching names on their beers. Ratebeer or BA can help sort it out.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
A friend of mine makes something called a "hot tub" with lots of onions simmered in beer for a while, then he simmers brats too, until the brats are cooked and the beer and onions are reduced down to a crazy good glaze.

He does it in a wok, but there is no microwave involved...