Quantcast

Nathan's 'wood

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
I can't figure out how the pros weld in short sleeves. I do it for 15min and I have wicked sun burn on my biceps.
no pro welds in short sleeves, most probably they are just tacking it together. our welders use leather aprons and sleeves.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
he's ^^^ obviously not a pro ;)
look, boy.... i don't know who this dude is, i don't know if he's a "pro" or not. but i know for sure, that he won't weld for longer than a few seconds in his short sleeves.

my family runs a welding and machining company in the second generation. my father taught me how to weld when i was twelve. our company employs ca. 90 welders. i have NEVER seen a welder weld in short sleeves! after 30 minutes your skin would be peeling off your flesh like sandwich paper off your favourite bacon taco! IT HURTS! believe me, people who weld for 8 hours a day (this is what i consider as a "pro" welder) wear leather aprons and leather sleeves.

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
If he wasn't wearing long sleeves he'd want to have that zinc on pretty thick, especially with a tig.......mmmmmm Ionizing tan

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
look, boy.... i don't know who this dude is, i don't know if he's a "pro" or not. but i know for sure, that he won't weld for longer than a few seconds in his short sleeves.

my family runs a welding and machining company in the second generation. my father taught me how to weld when i was twelve. our company employs ca. 90 welders. i have NEVER seen a welder weld in short sleeves! after 30 minutes your skin would be peeling off your flesh like sandwich paper off your favourite bacon taco! IT HURTS! believe me, people who weld for 8 hours a day (this is what i consider as a "pro" welder) wear leather aprons and leather sleeves.
When I lived in LA I helped a buddy with his hot rod, one day I made the mistake of wearing shorts. It wasn't a terrible experience, just annoying. But then again we weren't welding for 80% of a normal work day, maybe an hour or 2 on and off.

PS where can I get a bacon taco? That sounds AWESOME!

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
I know i know! Its Russel Norman, one of the Morewood welders, so he's a pro. I'v spent some time in the factory and I have seen some short sleeved extreme welding done, as far as I'v seen its a leather apron and gloves.

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
Thats nice,
anymore info on the frame dimensions? anyone know how much longer it is probably on like 1 or 2 cm?

Nathan who is one of the taller riders on the circuit requires a frame longer than the stock large which Morewood offer

lachy_mtb

Monkey
May 25, 2008
looks really nice! wonder what colour the parts etc are gonna be? oh and i reckon the decals should have been painted on and clear coated.

MorewoodKid

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
In the woods...
looks really nice! wonder what colour the parts etc are gonna be? oh and i reckon the decals should have been painted on and clear coated.
Yeah the problem with that though is that in no time the frame looks tatty. Plus we don't have the team decal kit yet. With the quality of stickers these days they don't really ruin the colour beneath by masking it out [on the transparent bits] so its not as much of a big deal. Also when you polish a frame you can't paint it because the paint will not adhere to the smooth surface. This is really the only way to go about it.

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
I'v done a bit of playing on the Makulu and Bos combo and its brilliant in my eyes. I really really like the way it rides as does Travis Browning(Fox Morewood team). You guys lucky enough to get one will be very happy.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Wait - is that polished raw aluminum that has been clear-coated OR a chrome-plated frame that has been buffed up a bit...?

Just wondering 'cause I have a polished raw aluminum (then clear coated) rear triangle on my Sunday...