Quantcast

National Finals At Tamarack

3Pin Rider

Chimp
Jul 13, 2007
PNW
Word on the street is that Tamarack is having some serious financial problems. They may be filing for bankruptcy.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Maybe so, but I would not put it past Frosty and Blue Wolf to have done it just so that it can be in California's 'back yard.' I really wish USAC would can Blue Wolf.

Oh well; really glad I went to Sea Otter now instead of counting on a Nat coming to the Northwest. Speaking of S.O. - - did you get my PM, Mark?

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Maybe so, but I would not put it past Frosty and Blue Wolf to have done it just so that it can be in California's 'back yard.' I really wish USAC would can Blue Wolf.

Oh well; really glad I went to Sea Otter now instead of counting on a Nat coming to the Northwest. Speaking of S.O. - - did you get my PM, Mark?
Sorry, just checked it. With so many things to check every day, I'm so slow at checking my PMs. Anyway, I don't have a pic of you. I mostly shot the Pros and Semis, as I also raced. Sorry!

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Sorry, just checked it. With so many things to check every day, I'm so slow at checking my PMs. Anyway, I don't have a pic of you. I mostly shot the Pros and Semis, as I also raced. Sorry!
No worries - - just asked on the off-chance you might have caught some from the practice days - - of course you would have been busy practicing at the same time too. Doh!

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Yeah, unfortunately those in and around my class don't get covered as well. Sorry! Once we are better funded that will change. Thanks for taking part.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
brian head is an awesome area. their course in 06 was super fun. can't wait to go back. tamarack was a let down of a dh course last year, it would only have been a decent race if they had pretty much redone the whole middle section of the course so it wasn't a 7 minute pedal course. so i am almost happy about the change. it was said before that it has potential as an area and that is very true but their organization there sucks, last year for the state champs they didn't even tape the course til sunday morning DURING practice.

chipper

Chimp
Oct 18, 2007
sac town
the only crappy part is now there is no 4x racing. how do they ever excpect people to get better at 4x when they keep taking those events away when that is what is used and the world cup level. that is like taking most of the dh races away and just doing super d and then expect americans to do well in dh at the world cup level. at least the msc knows how to run a good series with the proper type of racing. we need to get are own series like that going here on the west coast

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
I imagine 4X will be replaced with dual within the next few years. the fluidride cup is perfect. DH and Dual. just like the old days, just like the future of gravity racing.

Kyle,