Quantcast

NC DH riding Sunday?

weezer23

Chimp
Dec 17, 2011
Anyone hitting any Downhill this Sunday the 25th? Me and a buddy are planning on carrying our 40 lb rigs to Brevard or anywhere that we can bomb down. New to the area located in Charlotte so suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Drew

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
If you don't get any better offers, I will be sessioning my home trail Sunday (if it stops raining) and you are welcome to join in. Anyone else want in?

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
Well....only 20% chnce of rain at Windrock Sunday. It will be wet from all this rain...perfect. Change of plan then, who wants to ride Windrock Sunday?

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
If you don't get any better offers, I will be sessioning my home trail Sunday (if it stops raining) and you are welcome to join in. Anyone else want in?
Push Mattycakes down the trail today Clealan and make sure Brookiepoo rolls in the poison ivy/oak again too.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Well....only 20% chnce of rain at Windrock Sunday. It will be wet from all this rain...perfect. Change of plan then, who wants to ride Windrock Sunday?
Just called the snackshak and windrock will be closed till April = something about blasting/mining.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Fixed it for you.
You're actually 100% accurate. Gouged my D2 on only my 2nd run in it.

At Clemson, Sam Anderson got a great pic of my first run on the wall when I wiped out INTENTIONALLY holding my skull off the ground to keep my new lid from scratching. :D

It's my first new helmet since '05. Can't blame a guy for tryin' to keep it purty.

Windrock it is. Gonna head up with Clealan. Buckle up.

Last edited:

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
I dont blame you Butch, it pisses me off when I get a scratch. After I broke my neck the shoe, my helmet was toast and its been discontinued. I was able to find a very slightly used one on ebay and was so STOKED! I love my Bell Manic Pyscho!

weezer23

Chimp
Dec 17, 2011
[/QUOTE]Windrock it is. Gonna head up with Clealan. Buckle up.[/QUOTE]

So is the "Windrock closed due to blasting/mining" not a true statement? If not we would consider making the trek over to Windrock. Looks like a 4 or so hour drive from CLT.

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
Windrock is open. Moto is just trying to hold us back till his shoulder is better. I'll let you guys know what our plans are for sure shortly

weezer23

Chimp
Dec 17, 2011
Windrock is open. Moto is just trying to hold us back till his shoulder is better. I'll let you guys know what our plans are for sure shortly
Sounds good, we would probably head out there saturday evening and camp somewhere that night. It would be good to get out there with people that know the place. We have never been.

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
OK its on then. I will be there with whoever I can round up at around 10am. Get your permits at the snack shack then meet at the parking lot on the right above where the four wheelers park, just before the bridge over the creek. Grey Dodge 2500. There is a nice campground there at Windrock.

russselll

Chimp
Feb 11, 2012
Anyone hitting any Downhill this Sunday the 25th? Me and a buddy are planning on carrying our 40 lb rigs to Brevard or anywhere that we can bomb down. New to the area located in Charlotte so suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Drew
Please DON'T "bomb down" the trails flying by at break neck speeds if you see a hiker, hikers or a horse rider or the horse people; and the few xc riders how are serious about there climbing skills. Not being respectful on the trails and those who use them gives us "gravity" riders a bad rap. Be heard first and seen by the others on the trail is helpful with all parties involved.

weezer23

Chimp
Dec 17, 2011
Please DON'T "bomb down" the trails flying by at break neck speeds if you see a hiker, hikers or a horse rider or the horse people; and the few xc riders how are serious about there climbing skills. Not being respectful on the trails and those who use them gives us "gravity" riders a bad rap. Be heard first and seen by the others on the trail is helpful with all parties involved.
This state needs more DH riding with all of the amazing topography NC has to offer it blows my mind that we have to fight for trail with the horses and XC guys. There needs to be more DH specific riding where horses and the XC crowd are physically unable to ride up. Then you dont have to worry about hurting someones feelings when riding your gravity rig. Anyways, whats the earliest people ride/shuttle Sugar? Figured the ground stays soft for a few weeks with the snow melting.

Might have a change in plans with Windrock, my buddy that was riding up with me now has plans with his women. Might just ride Clemson tomorrow with it being a lot closer.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
This state needs more DH riding with all of the amazing topography NC has to offer it blows my mind that we have to fight for trail with the horses and XC guys. There needs to be more DH specific riding where horses and the XC crowd are physically unable to ride up. Then you dont have to worry about hurting someones feelings when riding your gravity rig.
The problem is if you mention the phrase "Bomb down" or "Downhill" or "Shuttle" etc...etc.... it prompt's the Nancy-naysayers and Rachael rulestaters :rant:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Man...what awesome conditions today. Most everything was bone dry. Had a great time riding and finished with a solo run down southern rocks to make sure I got that good Jello arms feeling. Good meeting rocklobster (Alex). Even ran into profro on his Moto.

Only 1 casualty. :(

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Explain this casualty...

How did the part we work on go, the berm/trail leading up to the double? Justin nd I are going to work on the run-out up til the sharp turn next time.

-Brett

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I can't believe given yesterday's conditions only one group out out-of-staters were riding Windrock. Furthermore only one local was working on trails. I guess I can't complain anymore since I was there riding moto instead of working or DHing. :rolleyes:

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Well, I can't ride on Sunday's. So after Justin and i rode WR XC we headed to that side of the mountain even though it was raining to do the work. So we got some sort of riding in at least.

BTW: excellent work on that stuff!

Brett

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Explain this casualty...

How did the part we work on go, the berm/trail leading up to the double? Justin nd I are going to work on the run-out up til the sharp turn next time.

-Brett
Were this Fight Club, I would not disclose because his spouse would kill him. Eddie took a tumble and is gonna see if the ribs will heal unnoticed by the missus. If she finds out, he might be forced to sell his rig, so I promised to not go Facebooking it. :D

Berm and run in to the dubs was nice and clean. I'm never a push back up and jump kind of guy, so after I missed it, we just continued on our merry way.

Wow, I always forget just how much work has been put into those trails and how many variations there are. Heck, the closed trails are almost as many as the open ones.

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yep, I paid $3.99/gal for diesel yesterday and as such I changed my afternoon riding plans to a locale on the way home to save fuel. Making these choices sucks.

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
Just bought a Suzuki GS 500. Costs $16 to fill up compared to $65 for my truck. And it gets 50mpg lol.