Quantcast

NC State DH Championship Race Report, Photos, and Results

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
great pics!! 3 of me! must have been goin slow or the orange attracted the camera lens. know if anyone got any from the top of the course?

anyone else get swallowed by the potting soil berm at the last woods section?

great race and ryan and the other event runners were all really nice and helpful. hope that that race in october works out!

great pics!! 3 of me! must have been goin slow or the orange attracted the camera lens. know if anyone got any from the top of the course?

anyone else get swallowed by the potting soil berm at the last woods section?

great race and ryan and the other event runners were all really nice and helpful. hope that that race in october works out!
By looking at the pics you were running a Totem? On what looks like a demo 7 maybe? How did the Totem compare to the world cup you ran on your haro for DH? I have one on an SX Trail and have been loving it for riding, but have yet to race this year - long story involving 40 stitches.

Does anyone know if you can go ride the DH course at Wolf? I was up there earlier this year and the guy who runs the bike touring said I could go ride any of the trails. Pretty nice dude who knew of a couple of runs before Ryan built the DH course.

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
the totem felt great! except i crashed hard and it took a while to get my cables sorted out which i hate doing which prolly caused me like 12 extra seconds. but it feels really good so far. there were all of 2 rocks on the course tho so i havent experienced really choppy stuff yet with it. the boxxer wasnt my favourite fork in the world. like when you are going slow through a tech section and the fork dosent absorb square edge bumps as well as the fox did.

I was planning on getting a fox forty immediatly but i may stick with this for a while.

the demo is so much better than the haro. the haro felt like a hardtail to me over rough stuff and contributed to tiredness. this feels so much smoother. i think it was parltly because of the spv on the manipoo.

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
Just posted the DH results. I fixed any errors that I noticed in names. Notify me if you notice anything wrong.

http://www.derailedonline.com/archives/000201.html
Thanks!
The order looks good but it looks like the top 7 in am 30+ are showing around 20 seconds fast (1st in am is the same way). It may be something Matt needs to look at. Although if it is left that way it makes me look much faster than I really am! :banana:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Thanks!
The order looks good but it looks like the top 7 in am 30+ are showing around 20 seconds fast (1st in am is the same way). It may be something Matt needs to look at. Although if it is left that way it makes me look much faster than I really am! :banana:
Nah, what you do Steve is strut around telling everybody how you had "The run of your life!!" Just like our little buddy did at Sugar that year.:busted:

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
Looks like I got about 1 second faster since the race, I thought I was around 3.02 something. Hopefully the race in October will not coflict with my work trip the 1st weekend or my Bootleg trip the third. I'm steppin up a bracket on the next one. Thanks again to Ryan fer putting it all together and the sweet swag.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Umm...yeah..something just went way weird with the results there. I wrote the times down on paper as Matt recorded them on the laptop and everybody got a second faster except Doug and Greg.

But on paper, I had Doug with 2:39:3something and Greg with 2:39:7something and I had a 2:44. Jeremy and Matt with 2:48 and Fred a 2:51?

Everyone's finish order is correct on your results but the times are completely different from what I wrote down. But I don't know what the actual start time for our race was so once it's subtracted out it would explain all of us getting 20 seconds faster. But it looks like me and about 4 other riders gained a full second.
Now I'm only 3 seconds out of 1st and me and 3 other guys in the same second...dang that is tight racing! I was 1 second from the podium...:homer:

FYI huckers, 3rd to 6th and 9th all did NOT do the gap. :thumb:

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
So when is the next one in October? Such a good bunch of people are well worth the drive from Florida to meet up with.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
You also have to factor in the generator hiccuping screwing the times up.
I confirmed with Ryan that the generator did not hiccup during the Pros race so everyone should be on an even playing field. It did however hiccup during the down time prior to the Pros start but it was fixed before we started the Pros. If Ryan utilizes the system for the October event then I'll bring a big generator so no excuses. Also please keep in mind this system is very basic so yes there is a margin for error but a very slight one...hopefully if every thing goes well and Ryan is able to get the park going for next year he will have funds to invest in a more suffocated system that utilizes an eye at the start like Snowshoe. Keep your fingers crossed!

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
The article says you completed in 2:39, however your time was actually 2:23 [I think]. That whole conversion rate is messing everyone up. You should email the author.