Quantcast

NE/NH monkeys; Kingdom Trails or Attitash?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'll be up in NH in a couple of weeks (21st - 25th) and will have a few days to ride. I'm staying in Littleton and know of some local rides, but would like to go explore a bit too.

Kingdom Trails in VT or Attitash in NH are about equidistant and have both been recommended. If I can only get away one day which would be the better choice? Tell me what you know.

BTW: if any of you would like to meet and ride, that would be great!

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I think it depends on what you're looking for. Never been to Attitash, but KT is mostly XC riding. The best around (my favorite place to ride in the country so far)...but XC...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
It really depends on what bike you're bringing and what type of riding you prefer.

Kingdom Trails = 100 miles of XC singletrack
Attitash = DHing via lift service and ~12 miles of XC trail (according to their website...I have never personally been there).

I would think...if you're looking for an all-day ride...Kingdom Trails.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I'm going up in August....you should swing down to NY and we'll show you around.

Anway, Kingdom Trails is awesome, like the kind of place where you're grinning stupidly the entire time and the town is amazing too--totally geared toward bikers.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I guess I should make a stronger endorsement of the KT. I would skip almost any DH in the NE to ride there XC all day. The trails aren't terribly challenging, but they are beautiful and fun. They are fun on almost any kind of bike and are just endless. The little town is cool too- a brewery, bike shop and swimable river within about 200 feet of each other- what more could you want?

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
If you are into lift serviced technical downhill style trails, Attitash is your place... Tons of fun stuff there. Here is a video I made; let me know if you want to see more

The Last Hurrah
Columbus Day Weekend 2006 Attitash Downhill Biking.
Mad Dog Moments ©2004-2004

right click, save target as
http://www.idrivethetrain.com/assets/video/the_last_horrah.wmv

And here are a couple of pictures I took:

My favorite stunt on the trail "Holy Chute"