Quantcast

Need a little help with helmet sizing.

MikeStanfill

Chimp
Mar 24, 2008
Alaska
I have my eyes set on a Giro Remedy, and I can't decide what size to get. One might then suggest to go try one on. Well, I can't because there isn't a retailer in the state that has one in stock. This not only means that I will have to buy online, but I'll be guessing on the size I need.

My head size is right at 58.4 cm, and the Giro site suggests a medium.
I tried on a used large Sixsixone full face helmet, and it was so small it hurt my forehead, being sized at 58-60 cm.
I tried on some department store full face helmets, all sized from 55.9 to 58.1 cm, and they were just a little too small.

Any suggestions? Should I just go and buy a medium? I guess I could send it back for an exchange. (@ performancebike.com or @ Amazon.com).

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
This may or may not help but I am a 59 even and I wore a large remedy. I couldnt get my head all the way in the medium. Ordered mine from performance bike, the medium was to small, was able to exchange no questions asked.

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
my head is about 57cm. medium remedy fits me perfect. snug on the cheeks.

best bet is buy from a online retailer that accepts returns.

MikeStanfill

Chimp
Mar 24, 2008
Alaska
I appreciate your responses. Both Performance Bike and Amazon accepts returns alike, but I'd rather be better sure of the correct size. Unfortunately, I'm right between the two of you in head size.

Last edited: