Quantcast

Need Help Fast...ms Word Gurus

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Any one know how to make two rows of bullet points right next to each other? I can only make them iin a single column and I'm running out of spance on my resume.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Its an interview with the Redondo Beach Fire Dept...and then on friday I have one with Culver City Fire....Heart of Screenland. Thanks again guys...

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
So what's on a firefighter's resume? I'm picturing a big list of all the fires you helped put out and your interviewer saying "I see you were at the July 2003 fire on Hamilton St., that was a doozie, I'm impressed...." :D

I'm just f'in with you, best of luck. :thumb:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
BikeGeek said:
So what's on a firefighter's resume? I'm picturing a big list of all the fires you helped put out and your interviewer saying "I see you were at the July 2003 fire on Hamilton St., that was a doozie, I'm impressed...." :D

I'm just f'in with you, best of luck. :thumb:
I think it has more to do with how often they handle their hose... size of the hose, pressure, etc.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Dog Welder said:
Its an interview with the Redondo Beach Fire Dept...and then on friday I have one with Culver City Fire....Heart of Screenland. Thanks again guys...

What does a Fireman's resume look like?
Obviously you list your qualifications... :think:
OK, I know this sounds like a dumb question, but do you list accomplishments?
Put out tire fire, Saved cat from tree.... etc.

EDIT: maybe I'm not the only one with stupid questions today...

J

JRB

DVNT said:
What does a Fireman's resume look like?
Obviously you list your qualifications... :think:
OK, I know this sounds like a dumb question, but do you list accomplishments?
Put out tire fire, Saved cat from tree.... etc.

It's just comes too easy for you. :thumb:

and BikeGeek.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Naw...looks just like your regular resume..except you list all the extra education ie> Paramedic School, BS or AS in Fire Sciences....Work Experience...Certifications.

Departments are looking more more educated applicants with a diverse background, not just fire this and fire that and oh lookie here more fire stuff. Look for people who know how to swing a hammer...you'd be surprised how many people are not mechanically enclined. I can speak Chinese and a little bit of Spanish which is a HUGE plus. Basically want to find out if you are an interesting enough person that they want to work with...all the Fire stuff they can teach you.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Oh and yes I have saved a cat from a tree...that was next to a house on fire...Someone took a picture of it and its plastered on the frige....I get ripped on it constantly. :)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Dude, give em a pie with the resume. They'll like you for sure! :)

And hey, at your height you can just reach up and rescue the cat... no ladder required!

Good luck with the resume and the job search. :thumb: