Quantcast

need help with new bars

dh_dirt_diva

Chimp
Dec 7, 2005
I da' Ho!
Ok, people! Help me out here, if you would! I need new bars and I am looking at either the Azonic Worldforce or the Azonic Doublewall. What is the opinion of your experience with these bars and which one should I go with? Azonic info only please as I am NOT interested in any other bars!

Thank you for any info

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
dh_dirt_diva said:
Ok, people! Help me out here, if you would! I need new bars and I am looking at either the Azonic Worldforce or the Azonic Doublewall. What is the opinion of your experience with these bars and which one should I go with? Azonic info only please as I am NOT interested in any other bars!

Thank you for any info
The Worldforce bars are good. I havn't personally ridden them much, but I have taken a few downhill runs on a set. My friend runs them full time and hes given them a run for their money, he says they rule.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I loved my DW Risers before they somehow got cut with a saw. I don't have a clue what happened... weird.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
I have used both the Double Walls and the World Force bars from Azonic, and I prefer the World Force. The Double Walls are supposedly unbreakable, but they're unnecessarily heavy. The World Forces are lighter, cost less, and are more than strong enough to withstand abuse. They have a 5 year warranty on 'em, so I wouldn't worry too much. Mine have been going strong for about 2 years now.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
DW i can feel flex under me when i pull on them, i dont like that. Maybe its jsut cause ive been running 31.8 and they were 25.6 or whatever

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
My DW never broke but they did have a slight bend to them when I got rid of them. I still think EA70s and Protapers are the best if you want a stong and light bar.

dh_dirt_diva

Chimp
Dec 7, 2005
I da' Ho!
wingman24 said:
I would say diety or pro taper, no joke.:p

Deity is a brand that I would consider, but I just don't want to spend $75 on a bar and as for protaper, I don't know enough about that brand to feel secure about using their bars. But thanks anyway!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
If you are willing to look around i suggest for 31.8 options, easton, sic, race face. I'm a fan of all 3 of their bars. Understandbale not wanting to pay a bunch though so maybe FSA? Their stuff is always strong and not expensive.

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
Azonic worldforce= answer protaper

exact same bar, exact same factory, different labels.

Youd be a fool not to trust one more or less then the other.

I really dislike the sweep in worldforces. I have been running them for several years but never got around to changing them out, because im lazy and its not *that* bad.

Sic bars feel pretty nice, eastons feel ok. I actually enjoy the titec bars on my downhill bike a lot too.