Seat Post - Thomson - Already Have
Cassette - Sram PG-990
Chain - Sram PC-990
Saddle - Odyssey Marcel Kevlar
Chain Guide - E.13 Chain Guide Single Ring

Need Help With -
Tires - wanting something BIG
Rims - Want the strongest, 36 hole, Black
Hubs - I was thinking King, but King doesn't make a 150mm rear hub. so now I am thinking Hadley, like the Hadley Trials Rear, and the 20mm front
Pedals - Want something with a low profile, that can still take a beating and has amazing grip

Once its done around December, ill definitly put up some pictures.

And thanks for all of the advice
-Chris

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
tires go intense 909 fros in 2.7 or even 2.5 they hook up at north star, and my friend love them at whistler you realy dont need anything wider, as for rims 729. I wouldent go with the hadly trials hub i have heard of issues with the pauls breaking i would go with the regular hadly one. as far as pedals with a low profile i would check out the speedplay drileums

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
tires: minion or nevagal or gazzi cores or michelins
rims: look at mavic's 827's? (# isn't right)
hubs: hadley all the way
pedals: welgo B-37 or hozfeller or crank bros.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
729s, Syncros Mental pedals in stainless, Hadley hubs not the trials, Nevegal 2.5 rear and 2.7 front.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
intense mag 30 rims, they are unbreakable, i'm big, and go off to drops to flat concrete for some stupid reason, i have yet to touch them. They are heavy, but if youre in shape you can do xc with them. go king hub for front. michelin 2.5 tires, the 16 or 24 or whatever they are called, they have glorious grip. and suprisingly good tread wear. I run one on the front and the other on the back. good times.
________
Head Shop

Last edited:

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Just out of curiosity, why the SRAM X0 stuff on a huck bike??? Save some cash (as in LOTS of cash) and get the X7's. That way you won't be so choked when you break them. I don't think you would notice much in the way of performance difference, except for the extra weight (in your wallet).

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
minion 2.5 inch tires anything else is overkill maby a 2.7 on the front. mavic 521's or whatever they are called now. nycfreeride glory hole pedals, best grip ever imho, great construction and look totally bad ass. hadley hubs of course, go for the trials version i run it on all three of my bikes.
ps why the dorado on a huck bike? i consider that a more race like fork and when you fall on it it twists and almost every hucker falls every few runs

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
If you do extremely tight ladders, the 2.7s still might not be wide enough with a long bike, causing you to hop the back tire around... A lot of people forget about this. I hold on by a knob every once in a while, and I'm glad I got the 2.7s in the rear.

p3rider182

Chimp
Nov 15, 2004
Yeah, im getting the Rohloff hub, lots of saving for that baby. ive decided on the shinburgers pedals, Michiline 16 DH 2.5 tires. Intense Meg 30's, Hadley Front Hub. and a Odyssey MX Saddle.

I will have pictures up by Christmas for sure. i knwo its a loing way away, but the aprts arnt exactly cheap either

gonzostrike

Monkey
May 21, 2002
Montana
"tires: I want something BIG"

that will surely make up for the penile inadequacy you suffer.

teenagers and their "dream bikes" are so entertaining, in a pathetic and useless sort of way. :eek:

p3rider182

Chimp
Nov 15, 2004
Sorry, i ride hardtails and BMX, so 2.2-2.3 is big for me already, i dont mean Gazzis, jsut something that will take it all, so liek 2.5-2.7

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Yeah, why a dorado, its a light race fork. A super t or monster t would be good. Or if you have money left over, a 888 or a 40 or a shiver.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
mtnbrider said:
Yeah, why a dorado, its a light race fork. A super t or monster t would be good. Or if you have money left over, a 888 or a 40 or a shiver.
A Dorado is plenty strong. It will take whatever he throws at it. And TPC+ damping is sweet.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
um dorados are not light.....especially for a freeride bike. 40's are pure race forks too. A better freeride fork would be something with spv dampening, like some sherman, or maybe a pike. its gotta ****ty small bump response, but you dont really need that for freeride.
________
LICKING

Last edited:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
gemini2k said:
um dorados are not light.....especially for a freeride bike. 40's are pure race forks too. A better freeride fork would be something with spv dampening, like some sherman, or maybe a pike. its gotta ****ty small bump response, but you dont really need that for freeride.
One problem with a sherman I have ridden with 4 guys that have had them and 3 of them have had oil dripping down the lowers.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
weird, i had a breakout plus and beat the living hell out of it, 10 foot drops to flat concrete (very dumb) and such, the thing never gave me problems, i only just replaced it cause i wanted better small bump response for dh.
________
Upskirt movies

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
TheMontashu said:
One problem with a sherman I have ridden with 4 guys that have had them and 3 of them have had oil dripping down the lowers.
Tell them to check the rubber O-ring on the inside of the damper leg with the rebound knob attached to it. Bet you a dollar it's crushed and is a $0.30 fix from your local hardware store.

Tongol

Chimp
Apr 24, 2005
p3rider182 said:
Hey i need help with my ultimate hucking bike... im not sure on some parts

It is going to be a whistler bike, so weight doesnt matter, neither does cost

Frame -04 Banshee Scream - Already Have
Fork - 2003 Manitou Darado 180 - Already Have
Shock - Fox DHX 5.0 - Already Have
Headset - Chris King Steel Set - Already Have
Crank Set - Race Face Diabolus - Already Have
Stem - Race Face Diabolus OS
Bar - Race Face Diabolus OS
Grips - Odi Lock On Rougue
Brakes - Avid Juicy 7's 8in.
Rear Shifter - Sram X.0 Trigger
Rear Deraileur - Sram X.0 Meduim Cage
Seat Post - Thomson - Already Have
Cassette - Sram PG-990
Chain - Sram PC-990
Saddle - Odyssey Marcel Kevlar
Chain Guide - E.13 Chain Guide Single Ring

Need Help With -
Tires - wanting something BIG
Rims - Want the strongest, 36 hole, Black
Hubs - I was thinking King, but King doesn't make a 150mm rear hub. so now I am thinking Hadley, like the Hadley Trials Rear, and the 20mm front
Pedals - Want something with a low profile, that can still take a beating and has amazing grip

Once its done around December, ill definitly put up some pictures.

And thanks for all of the advice
-Chris
Tires - Specialized S-Works 2.7 I run them currently at Whistler work great grip like a motha wet or dr.
Rims - Mavic 729 Check out www.universalcycles.com wheel builder cool for mixing and matching different wheel builds to get a feel for weight and cost.
Hubs - Rear Hub Sun Ringle Abaah 150mm and Hadley Front
Pedals - Azonic A Frames

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
i would go wioth the mavic 821 my friend are getting then. the tires easy for whistler you would want 2.5 high rollers and minion front 2.7 form maxxis this company makes the pest tires and the hadley hubs are your best chose one of my friends have then and they work great

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
3.0 michelen tires or 2.7 minion, shinburgers are crzy for pedals but i don't think that is what you are looking for maybe the syncros like earlyer said, and fro wheels all you need is the dt-swiss fr2350 they are crazy-but not cheap.