Quantcast

need jumping tips

mrsdove

Chimp
Aug 7, 2002
Denver, CO
I have discovered the joy of jumping off of things. I have also discovered that I suck at it. My front wheel is always down and I know I need to keep it up. Any tips for learning to jump. Of course I would start with small things and work my way up. It is so fun!

zibbler

Monkey
Jumping always seemed natural to me. It's just one of those things that came easy for me. Now drop-offs OTOH give me fits. I still can't do them worth a damn.

I'm not sure how to explain this, but I'll give it a shot. When you are approaching the jump, crouch down over your bike with the pedals level (standing of course), and just as your front tire hits the bottom of whatever you're launching off, spring up and pull the handlebars up so they are higher than the rear tire. You want to land on your rear tire or both tires at once, but definitly not front tire first unless you want to eat gravel :eek: :dead:

I've only jumped as high as about 4 feet. My bike won't take jumps much higher than that. Maybe next year I can afford a Bullit, then I'll try some bigger stuff. Now if I could just get drop-offs down :angry:

mrsdove

Chimp
Aug 7, 2002
Denver, CO
Thanks for the tip. I will try that. I just have to keep it up with my new superlight...what a sweet sweet bike and it lands so nicely!