Quantcast

Need sadle help

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
Once again my sadle is bent. nothing to crazy but it will soon be time to replace it.
I've been running the Titec El Norte sadles for a few years now - with good results as for as streanth goes. but their not the best for 6 or 8 hour rides as their not the most comfy sadle around. And honestly their way to heavy - at 420grams

Any one got a recomendation for a comfy sadle with a great streanth to weight ratio?

Thanks

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I really like Selle Italia Flites. Light as heck, surprisingly strong, and comfy for me.

Many people have good luck with WTB seats but I hate them personally.

I-beam setups are light but uncomfortable and it would be more cost effective to use your current post with a new seat.

Specialized seats are always pretty nice.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
my specialized rival saddle is light and comfy for me. I haven't bent this one in a years riding and i used to go through seats like every 4 months i guess thats because of the cromo rails.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
saddles are a very personal thing. Most good shops will have some kind of return/swap policy regarding saddles so that you get one that works. If you are truely pedaling for 6 - 8 hours, get away from FR/DH seats and look at some smaller stuff. The Flite is THE standard lo-profile saddle and it fits many people well after a bit of break-in and they seem to hold up very well for their weight. I have a couple around here and have no problems with long days (as long as i stand up occasionally). I have started running a WTB Pure slt on the MT bikes and have been pleased. It is small enough to not rub or get in the way, but just a bit more to hold onto (with the knees) than the flite and has the old WTB drop nose and rear lip. Both things IMO help when moving around the saddle for different (MTB) climbing positions.

so for now MTBs = Pure
Road = Flite

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
i dunno about you but i like the super light nothing saddles,
ibeam with ifly or iflyc is good durable and light weight, weighs just 350g

*edit* theres also a carbon road post you can use with one of the more comfortable seats to keep the weight the same. but thats just me im not to hard on seats

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
I was looking at the iFlyC it looks pretty sweet. I do wonder how thoes ti rails would hold up to free ride/DH abuse..

or perhaps the Belair RL might be a better fit, it looks comfy, should be fairly strong and still lighter then my Titec by around 100g's

rapp

Monkey
Sep 30, 2006
Beaufort, SC
Whatever feels best on the old cheekies dude. I prefer a big saddle just from some past experience with a little knobby treatment. I'm running an Azonic Love Seat.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
I was looking at the iFlyC it looks pretty sweet. I do wonder how thoes ti rails would hold up to free ride/DH abuse..

or perhaps the Belair RL might be a better fit, it looks comfy, should be fairly strong and still lighter then my Titec by around 100g's
i was refering to the ibeam version, they can be had pretty cheap the seats are about 80 and the post is 40 on beyondbikes.com

giantrider89

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
P-town, MN
Any Selle italias or a f:iz:ik fr:eek (i still don't know whats up with those colans in their name) is really strong and pretty comfy if you must stay with fr/dh saddles...and it looks sweet too!

guero

Chimp
Mar 27, 2005
Vancouver now Halifax
I've been running the Fizik Arione road saddle for over a year and it's the cats nuts! Long for multi positions, but light at 215 grams. Fantatstic DH saddle!