Quantcast

need some advice

gutless

Chimp
Feb 26, 2009
can somebody help me out really quick im just geting back into biking and i hit up diablo yesterday with my bro i really like freeride style of riding, is it similar to dh. i know my limits and took the easiest trail i was making out pretty good it was a little technical but was getting the feel my bro was laging behind because he had a hardtail and bitching it was to hard so i went up by my self on the last run and ate it hard twice. i wasnt discouraged but got alittle hurt but im not scared to do it again my bro calls me this morning bitchin about he dont want to go there no more because its not freeride and its more downhill is he being a punk or is it just me.

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
Well that was confusing...

It seems like your asking if Diablo is freeride or downhill, and the anwers to that is both. It all depends on which trails you rode. Smoother trails with man made features such as tabletops, doubles, bridges, wallrides, etc. are considered more freeride. The trails that are more "natural" and tend to be steeper, rockier, and more technical are considered more on the downhill side.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Haha, I don't think your brother not liking Diablo makes him a "punk". Might just mean he doesn't like gravity riding. He was also on a hardtail, so if it was his first time at a lift-assisted park he was probably hating his life without some rear squish.

There really isn't a top to bottom groomed freeride type run you can take at diablo other than greenhorn-alpine or dominions-upper breakout-fireroad-alpine. You can mix it up between deviant/reality show/salvation/pipeline/covenant at the top, but those are all pretty short variations and once you come out of greenhorn or upper breakout, your only option is really alpine unless you want to ride the fireroad all the way down to indyX, which would be a pain.

gutless

Chimp
Feb 26, 2009
thats what i was thinking too its not groomed like that i like the challenge in the easiest course to freshing up my riding skills for harder stuff

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
are you the guy that didn't want to wear a helmet, and didn't want to rent one because you could buy one for 20 bucks?