Quantcast

Need some Boondocks help

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
So I can clean everything on Boondocks sans one thing, the narrow rock outcropping. You know the one after the little right hand rock drop? I can't get through that clean.

Any help or a line to get set up to rail through that?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Speed! You know it's funny, now that I've been riding my new Disco I've been able to finally clear that section. My old Armageddon and old Disco never really pedaled well enough for me to get enough momentum to make it through, and with my new bike I'm able to carry the necessary speed to clean it.

You should consider checking checking out the 2009 Karpiel Disco :thumb:

Like my sales pitch? :D

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Try to stay off your brakes as much as possible in that little left turn right before it, kind of aim for the left side wall in the notch and just let yourself bounce around and then turn right.

If I miss my aim in that thing, I just take me left foot off and push off that wall......it's just about as fast. I don't think anyone 'pins it' through there.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I figured that was the issue, just not enough speed when I got on there. I think coming off the rock drop right hander there I tend to find a hand full of the chicken switch. I'll have to work more on this.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Didn't get up there at all this weekend.

Girlfriend of sorts had my truck at Burning Man all week, and then got poisoned by fish last night, so I spent the AM in the ER and the PM on my ass.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Kinda. Raver party girl who has an environmental twist.
Dropped the wrapper from my straw out the truck last night. She all together lost her ****.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
"I don't like litter on my drive!"
It was kinda nutty and unexpected.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Its all good. She's the only woman I actually like these days. Too many true nut jobs out there to pass on this one because she has a quirk or two. Besides, she's just my type: crafty.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm out in November for the East Coast again, so this is just someone cool to spend some time with. It was pretty wild this weekend though... I am sick as a dog, not riding, not doing a damn thing other than eating nyquil like a star. She came down from the lake, spent Friday night with me, then brought me food and cold meds on Saturday. I get it doesn't sound like a lot, but I haven't had a woman go maternal on me in years. Its nice.