Quantcast

Need some hellp

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
I need to drop 20lb. I have always bin heavy I’m 5/8 190lb right now. I broke my back in August and gained 15lb recovering from it. At one time I was 170 and I really want to get back down to that. I just need so advice on the best way to go about it. I work a lot so getting time to ride is hard right now and I don’t have the money for a gym membership but I’m looking in to it any way. Any one know any good books on healthy eating . It sux I’m one of thows guys that carries all my weight in my belly. I’m getting out to ride as much as I can but I’m in the north east and its still cold here.

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
check out www.johnberardi.com lots of good articles on there about nutrition for athletes, they also have a very informative 2 dvd video on nutrtion, i think its 80 dollars, but probaly worth it for all the info you get. basically its as simple as eating good food, and stop eating food as soon as you are satisfied, not full but satisfied, if you do that, guarntee you that even without too much exercise you will drop bodyfat.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Bro I can help you with diet.
Never fill yourself up or it gets stored as fat. The best bet is to eat 6 small meals a day kind of like grazing. Think of it like a camp fire....If you put a bunch of big logs on it won't burn but if you keep adding a small logs it will burn hotter and faster.
We are so trained to over eat it's hard to stop. A study was done on dogs and they gave them 2/3 of the "recomended value" and the animals lived twice as long..
I've studied sports med. and exercise science for a while.. A controled diet with any activity will show results. I know people that lost up to 50 lbs with portion control and no activity. It's way more diet than people think.

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
Awesome post Lexx D, cant emphasize the importance of diet enough, i dropped 15-20 lbs, got stronger, and did it in about 3 months, without any cardio, just watching portions. works great

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Thanx, every once in a while i do know what I'm talking about. Bikes and exercise are about the only times..:D

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
The thing with diet is people are scared of FAT!! They don't understand that you can get fat from too much of anything. It all comes down to calories and your intake to burn ratio.

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
Thanks Lexx I figured I could do allot with diet. I’m trying to cut out allot of stuff and to eat more in small amounts during the day. I am a construction worker so its tuff to find the time some times. Hell there are days I don’t even get lunch. I have herd the good fat bad fat thing before. How do I know what’s good and what’s bad? My mom is doing the Atkins thing but it just seems too extreme for me. I just got home from a really good night ride. We didn’t get back to the truck till 11p.m.

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
Bad fats are the hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils, trans fatty acids, and saturated fats to a point, also you should try and avoid vegetable oil, and margirine. Good fats are omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids( fish) mono unsaturated, and poly unsaturated, so fat from olive oil, flax seed oil, nuts.