Quantcast

Need some help for my elementary school

CrAckErKorEan

Ridemonkey's own half breed
Nov 29, 2001
Winder GA (Its in the sticks)
I work as a network administrator for a elementary school in GA and I need some windows 98 licenses. We had 8 computers donated to us but they do not come with an OS. I have the intention to set these machines up for students that do not have the means for a computer at home. I am going to install open office so they can type reports at home and bring them to school to print and some other educational software to help with math and typing skills.

The school would much appreciate any donations of windows 98 license so that these machines have software that the students can use easily.

I am a Linux person at home but I do not believe that Linux would be suitable for this since it needs to be a similar environment and something the students are used to.

Once again any help would be appreciated.

Thanks you guys are the best.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Hmmm... 98 might be tough, but I can probably get you some valid Win 2000, and Win NT licences if you are interisted. Maybe an XP or two. All legit as I know the schools can't mess around with pirate software.

ciaran

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
CrAckErKorEan said:
I work as a network administrator for a elementary school in GA and I need some windows 98 licenses. We had 8 computers donated to us but they do not come with an OS. I have the intention to set these machines up for students that do not have the means for a computer at home. I am going to install open office so they can type reports at home and bring them to school to print and some other educational software to help with math and typing skills.

The school would much appreciate any donations of windows 98 license so that these machines have software that the students can use easily.

I am a Linux person at home but I do not believe that Linux would be suitable for this since it needs to be a similar environment and something the students are used to.

Once again any help would be appreciated.

Thanks you guys are the best.

Do you need a license or the install keys for each one? Technically if a computer shipped with an OS the license follows it around. Install keys are another matter though...

CrAckErKorEan

Ridemonkey's own half breed
Nov 29, 2001
Winder GA (Its in the sticks)
Tenchiro said:
Do you need a license or the install keys for each one? Technically if a computer shipped with an OS the license follows it around. Install keys are another matter though...
I need both. I do not know what OS was orginally installed on these machines. If I had to guess it would be 95 maybe 98. They are PII 400s.

I just want to make sure im legal when I turn these over to parents.