Quantcast

Need some opinions on a new 888

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
Well, the new 888 looks killer so it is on the list of stuff I want but don't need. My question is on going coil vs air. I know nobody has ride time on the 08 ones but the 07 rc2x compared to the ATA has to be a decent comparison to help decide between an ATA world cup and an RC3 world cup. The RC3 world cup seems a little heavy for the price and the ATA worries me a bit because of my very limited time on air forks. I'm coming off of an 05 works tuned RC which is butter. I'm leaning towards the ATA WC because it is lighter and cheaper but opinions welcome/wanted. I'm about a 170lbs and most of the time it will be used for the good old rocky east coast.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
the ATA lacks the sensitivity achieved by RC2X as far as I now. If they fixed this for 08 I wouldnt be surprised, but if they didn't... the lack off is barely noticeble and can be easily tuned to your liking

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i got to rock an 08 sl wc for a week and half this summer and loved it. my 07sl ata was very problematic and once i switched over it was money. im back to the current rc2x waiting for my lowers to be painted on my new sl wc

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
i got to rock an 08 sl wc for a week and half this summer and loved it. my 07sl ata was very problematic and once i switched over it was money. im back to the current rc2x waiting for my lowers to be painted on my new sl wc
Good to hear some real world experience and comparison of all things i was considering. I knew the 07s were problematic but hopefully thats cleared up for 08. Thanks for the input... my bank account is going to hate you tomorrow.