Quantcast

Need To Know How Much My 01 Karpiel Disco Volante Is Worth!

Mar 22, 2005
I wasn't sure which forum to put this in...so don't give me crap about putting it in the wrong one! Anyways, I need to know how much my 2001 Karpiel
Disco Volante is worth. The frame and components are absolutely flawless. The frame only has about 5 scratches in it, which aren't even past the clear layer! Here are some of the components:

2002-2003 Manitou Dorado
Avalanche DHS rear shock
XT rear derrailleur
XT shifter
XTR titanium cassette
MRP system 2 chainguide
Mavic d321 wheelset
Hayes Hydraulic Disk brakes
Titec Berserker Saddle w/ Raceface Seatpost
GT DH Cranks
Tomac Bars

If you need any more info on it to help me, just give a shout. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
It has all the goodies for sure, but DV's are avoided like the plague since he went under. I got $500 for frame and shock for an 03. Sat on it forever too.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
dhtahoe said:
It has all the goodies for sure, but DV's are avoided like the plague since he went under. I got $500 for frame and shock for an 03. Sat on it forever too.
damn i need a spare karpiel frame, a nice army or something, try to get that for 500 goods damn

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
The shock will help sell the frame since with the older linkage it was notorious for blowing shocks, however the bike is probably worth between $1000-$1400.

santacruzer87

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
On my bicycle
Brian HCM#1 said:
The shock will help sell the frame since with the older linkage it was notorious for blowing shocks, however the bike is probably worth between $1000-$1400.

Yeah, I was originally thinking 1500, but I had totally forgotten about that whole episode with Karpiel going out of business.......

-Ryan

Mar 22, 2005
I was worried that would hurt the value, but i checked the karpiel website and it said they were making a deal with some company and would be coming back into buissness, making new models and everything! Do you think that would help the value at all

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^^

P'raps...But I think the website has said that for a looonnng time...Not to mention, I'm not even sure if Jan would even be involved with the new company (which, may be a good thing)...Also thought Jan has run off to Europe or somewhere...Who knows, but I wouldn't look for a new Karpiel anytime soon and more likely - never...