Quantcast

need your help.....

VDfree

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
germantown
make it like the union street bikes, except no square tubes on the chainstays...990 mounts all the way...and use good steel. 110 spacing with 14mm drop outs. No disc tabs, no disc hubs with that spacing anyway. The steeper the HT the better and go internal HS, just charge more!

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
if you are going to use a bigger axle use the dh standard of choice 12mm and 135 spacing. but in all reality just use 10mm by 135. there are many hubs on the market that are more than strong enough to last just about forever on a street/dj bike out there now.

other than that i would probably say go for steel but at least get a tapered setup and not all straight gauge like some places do, it just gets too heavy. also go for a good integrated chain tug like to have on the sluggo. they just work so much better and hold their place much better as well. one last thing make sure that there are not clearance issues with up to a 2.5. i know that not many people use tires that big for street but having the clearance is just a good peace of mind.

just my thoughts on the subject.

btw 110 by 135 is a terrible idea. just go to trials websites and look at post about the new '07 deng stock frames.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
It will be 135mm but it is going to be 14mm, this is not going to be a "mountain bike" it is a street/park frame designed to run pegs, however it will come with some sort of slick reducers to run your 10mm stuff also. Please remember this is basically a 24" bmx style frame designed around a suspension fork. As far as tire clearance I am going to make it so that it will clear a 24x 2.5 hookworm. It doesnt need to clear a 2.5 knobby or anything like that.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
It will be 135mm but it is going to be 14mm, this is not going to be a "mountain bike" it is a street/park frame designed to run pegs, however it will come with some sort of slick reducers to run your 10mm stuff also. Please remember this is basically a 24" bmx style frame designed around a suspension fork. As far as tire clearance I am going to make it so that it will clear a 24x 2.5 hookworm. It doesnt need to clear a 2.5 knobby or anything like that.
so why are you asking a bunch of mountain bikers what they want if its not meant to be a mountainbike?

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Because alot of "Mountain Bikers" also ride street and Dj's thats why. I figured Corey, Brian "_bp", and others might be interested. That is the only reason I linked to it on this forum. I also didnt realize that just because you are a Mountain biker means that you cant ride bmx also.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Sir Crackien what does this mean? "btw 110 by 135 is a terrible idea. just go to trials websites and look at post about the new '07 deng stock frames."

What are you talking about? 110 by 135?

VDfree

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
germantown
Are you planning on manufacturing a special hub...14mm and 135 spacing?:plthumbsdown:

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
shut up jackass! before i post a horrible pic of your bow-legged X-ups
hahaha i fixed them thank you very much. that was nearly a year ago, there has been much progression.

Because alot of "Mountain Bikers" also ride street and Dj's thats why. I figured Corey, Brian "_bp", and others might be interested. That is the only reason I linked to it on this forum. I also didnt realize that just because you are a Mountain biker means that you cant ride bmx also.
its not htat we cant ride bmx bikes. its jsut htat i think there should be a differnce between bmx bikes and mountain bikes. this whole trend of street bikes become bmx bikes lately is jsut retarded. i mean if you want to ride a bike with bmx angles and do grind and all that fun, ride a bmx bike. if you want to ride big wheels wiht a suspension fork, ride a mountain bike. very simple

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
hahaha i fixed them thank you very much. that was nearly a year ago, there has been much progression.

its not htat we cant ride bmx bikes. its jsut htat i think there should be a differnce between bmx bikes and mountain bikes. this whole trend of street bikes become bmx bikes lately is jsut retarded. i mean if you want to ride a bike with bmx angles and do grind and all that fun, ride a bmx bike. if you want to ride big wheels wiht a suspension fork, ride a mountain bike. very simple
You are an absolute moron if you actually think that!

And VDfree there are already at least 3 companies that have 14mm by 135 hubs out right now.... Halo has the djd, Dmr has the revolver,
and the Hadley SDH is convertable to 14mm also. I wish I could do a 110 rear end but it is just not feasable on the first run of frames, It may happen later on though.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Because if you think that you either ride a 20" bmx or a "true mountainbike" then you are a moron...People should be able to ride what they want without someone saying that you cant mate the two sports together and take the best of both. I am not attacking you as a person only your comment. I can tell you one thing..I wish my body would let me ride bmx again...but after years of doing stupid drops, gaps, and such on a 20 my body wont let me ride at that level without being sore for two days. A bmx/mountainbike gives my body a break. A suspension fork gives my wrists a break as well as my knees. That is why I think there is a place for a 24" hardtail front suspension/rigid bmx inspired mountain bike. My comment still stands though if you truly think that there are only two options when it comes to riding...either bmx or mountain and not a combination of the two then not only are you closed minded but your thought process is moronic.
Adam

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
it's not that i'm closed minded its that i just disagree with the direction its gone. and i just dont understand why someone would want a bike that rides exactly like another bike, but not the other bike. it just doesnt compute in my moronic mind. but hey build waht you want.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Well you may understand when you get older and your body starts falling apart...hopefully that wont happen though. And I take back the moron thing, just try and be open to all types of riding. I am trying to do something with Soul Cycles that most companies dont really do, and that is ask the normal riders and people who buy the frames what they want instead of just listening to the pro riders.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
is it going to be jackass vs moron at rays?? i think we should have a pump track duel to the death to decide.

adam, dunno how much i can contribute to the discussion as i am firmly on the 26" side of things. my hardtail needs to handle street, DJs, park and dual/mtn-x. i agree with the integrated tensioner idea, and i'm probably never going to go to the trouble of dealing with 1 bmx hub, 1 mtb hub in a wheelset.

oh, and i know that steel is real... but my aluminum stp is REAL light.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
Well you may understand when you get older and your body starts falling apart...hopefully that wont happen though. And I take back the moron thing, just try and be open to all types of riding. I am trying to do something with Soul Cycles that most companies dont really do, and that is ask the normal riders and people who buy the frames what they want instead of just listening to the pro riders.

i'm very open to all types of riding, i'm just a oragnized person, wehre everything has a catagory and place. my issue wasnt so much with the fact that you called me a moron, i get called worse everyday, rather the fact that your asking for rider input to see what the everday normal riders want, yet when i express my discontent with the direction that street bikes have started to head, you call me a moron. you ask for what real riders want, and i tell you what i do not want (rider input none the less), and you shoot back at me telling me i'm an idiot for not liking those things. just kinda eliminates the reason for asking in the first place in my opinion.

is it going to be jackass vs moron at rays?? i think we should have a pump track duel to the death to decide.
maybe not to the death, i got no real hard feelings, but i'd be in for some laps for sh!ts and giggles.

VDfree

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
germantown
Well you may understand when you get older and your body starts falling apart....
Word!

I am riding a 20" now that beats the crap out of me! I think that the 24" bike has an incredible future. When you watch videos of mountain bikes, the tricks just don't look as good as they do on a 20"...even if they are the same.

It is rumored that another 24" bike is in the works too...more on that later.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
sure are a lot of rumors coming out of that shop of yers... :P

i don't think it's the size of the wheels that make 20s look better... it's the concept of 'style' that most 26 riders haven't grasped. i think some mtb riders get it, berrecloth, anson, hauck etc. but for the most part they can look pretty awkward.