Quantcast

Neethling Wins Idaho

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
I just got a call from Stu out in Idaho. It looks like Andrew Neethling won his first Norba National!!! :thumb: :D

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Seems like he was lined up at Deer Valley too, broken chain wasn't it? Nice to see the youngbloods take top honors. This sport can only get faster and that is more scary than comforting...

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
One thing I'd like to point out about Andrew's win, he did it on the same 2005 DHR frame that anyone can buy from their local Turner dealer!! When was the last time a rider won a Norba National Pro Downhill on a current year production frame?!?!?!?!?

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Ratfink said:
One thing I'd like to point out about Andrew's win, he did it on the same 2004 DHR frame that anyone can buy from their local Turner dealer!! I'd like to know the last time a rider won a Norba National Pro Downhill on a current year production frame?!?!?!?!?
Sam Hill won a World Cup on a stock Iron Horse Sunday Factory frame this year. Dead stock.

And NICE WORK NEETHLING!!!!

Dave

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
dw said:
Sam Hill won a World Cup on a stock Iron Horse Sunday Factory frame this year. Dead stock.

And NICE WORK NEETHLING!!!!

Dave
That's one hell of an accomplishment for Sam and Ironhorse winning a WC on a Stock frame. I didn't know that.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Ratfink said:
That's one hell of an accomplishment for Sam and Ironhorse winning a WC on a Stock frame. But that still doesn't answer my question of when was the last time someone won a Norba National on a current year stock frame.
I'd have to say its more of an accomplishment to win a WC than a NORBA. Do you guys DHRs have the rear triangle drill with the new hole?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ratfink said:
That's one hell of an accomplishment for Sam and Ironhorse winning a WC on a Stock frame. But that still doesn't answer my question of when was the last time someone won a Norba National on a current year stock frame.
errr does it matter? Sam won a WC on one...Not that needles isn't a bad ass or anything.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Ratfink said:
With the exception of Greg Minnaar, pretty much every rider is using a production bike, on the NORBA series.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
blt2ride said:
With the exception of Greg Minnaar, pretty much every rider is using a production bike, on the NORBA series.
I would disagree. Most factory riders are on non stock frames with tweaked geometries, sizes, pre production models etc.

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
Transcend said:
errr does it matter? Sam won a WC on one...Not that needles isn't a bad ass or anything.
It doesn't! Props to both Sam and Andrew! They’re both great riders.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Ratfink said:
The drilling slackens the headtub angle. Most everyone with a DHR has it done. The swing arm drilling is anything but a top-secret mod!
How is a modified frame production?

krustydude

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
Richland, WA
i don't know anyone from washington or oregon who has done it. must be a SoCal thing. maybe we're just not fast enough to ride with that slack of a head tube up here.

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
Pegboy said:
Lenz Craft
Lenz Sport :D

Yeah, it's a stock frame. The only thing that's really "custom" about it is the new carbon side-panels... I don't think the rest of the team team is running them, so I'd imagine they're pretty one-of-a-kind.

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
Sherpa said:
How is a modified frame production?
Hey Sherpa,
Andrew’s frame is a production frame. Andrew's DHR came off the production line like every other 2005 Turner DHR! It’s the same damned frame you could buy if you had the money and the common scene! In my original post Sherpa I stated that Andrew rode a 2005 production frame! How is drilling a hole in the (Production) swing arm making it a custom frame? Grow up and get a DRILL!

tacobelldhr

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
lake forest
it was just a matter of time before manly won a norba ! hes been training hard and riding fast this year! and hes so young plenty more of andrew and the turner honda team in the next few year weeks of norba ! WAY TO GO ANDREW NEETHLING winnning on a production bike you can buy in a SUPERGO common people step it up ...! buy and drill!

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Ratfink said:
Hey Sherpass,
Andrew’s frame is a production frame because Andrew's DHR came off the production line like every other 2004 Turner DHR! It’s the same damned frame you could buy if you had the money and the common scene! In my original post Sherpa I stated that Andrew rode a 2004 production frame! How is drilling a hole in the (Production) swing arm making it a custom frame? Grow up and get a DRILL!
Sweet. So now sponsored riders can get online and make fun of potential customers. I bet Turner would love it.

Oh and BTW, Needles is my FAVORITE rider.

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
Sherpa said:
Sweet. So now sponsored riders can get online and make fun of potential customers. I bet Turner would love it.

Oh and BTW, Needles is my FAVORITE rider.
Grow-up Sherpa! You did not ask a question you made a smarta$$ remark. I saw your post on MTBR and I agree with that!

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
tacobelldhr said:
ahahahahaha wow i love you! punk hu?? not so punk yourself bieng perfect are you hubba!
You need to stop posting on Ridemonkey! At least until you learn to spell!!! TunaTacoDHR you are so lucky your dad owns a business! I see you at the shop this week!!!

P.S. Go to bed it's a school night!!!

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
Sherpa said:
Yea, what is a distinguishing feature on your helmet? I'll scream for you.
Better yet give me your name so I can look it up on the beginning class roster! I’ll come over to the stating gate and tell you what beep to leave on! :) Goodnight I don’t have time to play with you little kids!

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Ratfink said:
Better yet give me your name so I can look it up on the beginning class roster! I’ll come over to the stating gate and tell you what beep to leave on! And let me guess your last post wasn't meant to be sarcastic!
Jr.X. No, I really am serious about that.