Quantcast

never buy a Marantz product

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
golgiaparatus said:
Everytime I call Quark Tech support I ge some Indian guy with an american name... "Hi this is Frank how may I be of the helpings for you today?".
I always think that's hirarious...

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
narlus said:
stage II is up to 2 hrs.
your persistance is turning into an obsession, isn't it ?

the cosmic psychos must win out over the disembodied voice !!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sounds like Narlus has fallen in love with the disembodied voice. He will soon be torn between listening to the recording or hanging up in case she calls.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Westy said:
Sounds like Narlus has fallen in love with the disembodied voice. He will soon be torn between listening to the recording or hanging up in case she calls.

oh man.

you just know if he rides anywhere this weekend, he's going to hear her in his head thanking him for his patience.:rofl:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
just for closure, i received the repaired amp yesterday and re-installed everything last night. let's hope it stays working for a while.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
narlus said:
just for closure, i received the repaired amp yesterday and re-installed everything last night. let's hope it stays working for a while.
if it stops working, repair it ala office space.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
Did you ever get in touch with Marantz?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yeah, i did. the CS rep was about as useful as dating advice from Graphics. since my amp was already in the shop for repairs, i didn't need anything from them aside from a person to bitch to. even that wasn't satisfactory.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
I bought an old used marantz amp a while back. It kept blowing out fuses and ****. I lit it on fire. Best 12 dollars I have ever spent.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Good to find this thread, my 15 year old Kenwood ampli/tuner/thingy is on its last legs. Time to replace, now that I have some flow. I used to dig Bang and Olufsen, are they still around?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Time for a trip to corporate with a baseball bat. Sounds like it would be faster and more productive.
Walk in with the bat on your shoulder, say to the first person you see, "Soooo, if I have a 16ohm transverse polarity coretron, and I'm trying to pump 1400 watts at 98 volts through that....what amplifier do I need to power my car horn?" Then right after the first sound comes out of his mouth crack him with the bat. Keep going through the office till someone out runs you.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
This thread came to mind as I enter the third hour in the queue to speak to someone on the optimistically named Asia Miles "Hotline" in Hong Kong. Thank god for Skype, only a few dollars so far. And my son just made me a chocolate donut.