Quantcast

Never pass up an opportunity to be bamboozeled...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Now this is getting good.....

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=20509

Democrats Bamboozling Minorities
by Angela Mcglowan

Posted: 05/02/2007
In 2004, Rev. Al Sharpton stood up at the Democratic National Convention and did what Sharpton-and liberals-do best: bamboozle black voters.

"You said the Republican Party was the party of Lincoln and Frederick Douglass," Sharpton thundered. "It is true that Mr. Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation, after which there was a commitment to give 40 acres and a mule...We didn't get the mule. So we decided we'd ride this donkey [the Democrat Party] as far as it would take us."

Indeed, the Democrat Party has taken Rev. Sharpton, Rev. Jesse Jackson,
Julian Bond, and the other "race brokers" far. No doubt about that. But here's the rub:
black Americans haven't ridden the donkey, the donkey has ridden us.

Liberals' dirty secret is that they can't allow the hoodwinking of blacks, Latinos, and women to end. The electoral consequences would be devastating.

For liberals to win elections, they must continue to ride the backs of blacks, Latinos, and women. Hence the rise of victimhood venders like Sharpton, Jackson, Sen. Ted Kennedy, Sen. Hillary Clinton, who preach a gospel of victimhood, even as they gloss past the Democrat Party's racist past.

The Democrat Party's murderous history of oppression, lynching, and intimidation has been hidden so well for so long that the mere mention of it seems conspiratorial rather than factual. But when you get them one-on-one, away from the microphones and the glare of camera lenses, some liberals like Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr., will sometimes make startling confessions.

"The Democratic Party's flag is the Confederate flag. It was our party's flag," Congressman Jackson told me. "So much of the Democratic Party's history, since it is our nation's oldest political party, has its root in slavery."

And we blacks rode the donkey to freedom? I don't think so. Don't you mean the elephant?

I'm not sure what's more tragic: the historical amnesia that afflicts so many of my brothers and sisters about the party that 90% of them vote for, or the fact that a Sen. Barack Hussein Obama would champion the very party that led the charge to murder and lynch our ancestors.

Liberals like to say that their party's past is in the past, that those facts shouldn't influence the modern debate. And yet, in the next breath, liberals advocate racial reparations, affirmative action and racial quotas all in the name of rectifying the evils of slavery.

Much to former Klansman Robert Byrd's chagrin, Democrats can't have it both ways.

"That's what black people don't understand," former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Alphonso Jackson told me, "The civil rights movement is unlike what Rev. King talked about-it's a business now. So the business is to keep us uninformed-that's the business."

And so, the bamboozlement continues.

Case in point: Rev. Sharpton trying to convince me that conservatives are little more than Brooks Brothers-wearing bigots. "We've gone from Jim Crow to James Crow, Esquire," Reverend Sharpton said. "They are a little more shrewd and polished, but the results are the same."

Yet it's more than a little ironic that Sharpton's statement might just as equally apply to Sen. Hillary Clinton as to anyone else. Just when I think Hillary's pandering to people of color can't get any worse, her newest oratorical outrage of the hour erupts and I find myself saying, "Oh no she didn't!" Suffice it to say that when you compare yourself to Harriett Tubman, speak of being on "the plantation," and lard your cadence with black inflected tones while punctuating your sentences with "know what I'm talkin' about," you've zoomed past mere political pandering and into racial condescension.

But I've got news for liberals: despite your party's past attempts to terrorize and oppress our ancestors, despite your party's creation of the welfare plantation designed to trap us in poverty as a means to inflicting electoral obeisance, despite your best efforts to torpedo school choice and keep children of color trapped in failing schools run by liberal teacher's unions, and despite your assaults against marriage and families in the name of feminist empowerment and equality...

We aren't as stupid as you think we are.

Liberals' electoral exploitation must end. Bamboozle me once, shame on you. Bamboozle me twice, shame on me.

Blacks, Latinos, and women may have ridden the donkey. But the donkey ended
up riding us. The time for ideological emancipation is now.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
this thread was stillborn, as no monkies on the pawn forum care about black people.
kindly re-post to beer & food.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
yeah, i must have missed the drama. was there a "moment", or just a long kiss goodnight?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
And it wasn't all that spectacular really...I mean DHTahoe really knew how to throw sh*t at a fan....but she just kinda....faded...:twitch:

I do miss the hilarious photoshops and the caustic wit though...I suppose I'll rely on $tinkle and Westy now (respectively of course).